• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers Open as 8 point favorites over Illinois (O/U 63.5) Up to 13.5

I wouldn't touch this line. Everything in my head tells me that Nebraska should win comfortably, but I guess I need to see us get over the hump on the road first. We are still 0-for-the-Frost-era.

A bad Illinois team gave us a lot of trouble with their offense last year. I think their QB this year is more complete but less dynamic than A.J. Bush.

I wouldn't touch this line. Everything in my head tells me that Nebraska should win comfortably, but I guess I need to see us get over the hump on the road first. We are still 0-for-the-Frost-era.

A bad Illinois team gave us a lot of trouble with their offense last year. I think their QB this year is more complete but less dynamic than A.J. Bush.
They have a WR that transferred from SC. Kid is really good.
Josh Imatorbhebhe
The whole broadcast crew each pronounced his last name different than the others. They actually had 2 WR get 90+ yards on 4 plays. Josh stood out though to me. We better get that CB to safety hand off figured out.

You will be in the minority of thiose who will not touch it

Last year it was the AJ Bush Show well at least with his feet with 187 yards on the other hand his passing was putrid at 11-25 with 2 interceptions for 125 yards.

Nebraska ended up winning that game 54-35 with over 600 yards of offense. So a bad Nebraska team blew them out on offense. You forgot to mention that or that our defense especially run defense is vastly improved.

That road streak should end this coming Saturday

Last edited:
You will be in the minority of thiose who will not touch it

Last year it was the AJ Bush Show well at least with his feet with 187 yards on the other hand his passing was putrid at 11-25 with 2 interceptions for 125 yards.

Nebraska ended up winning that game 54-35 with over 600 yards of offense. So a bad Nebraska team blew them out on offense. You forgot to mention that or that our defense especially run defense is vastly improved.

That road streak should end this coming Saturday
Agree the road losing streak SHOULD end this week... but nothing comes easy for this team on the road.

Honest question - regardless of whether you actually intend to wager, do you feel confident about Nebraska covering a 10-point or 11-point spread?

I hope we have a comfortable lead in the 4th quarter, because the last thing we need is another type of NW or CU collapse.

Agree the road losing streak SHOULD end this week... but nothing comes easy for this team on the road.

Honest question - regardless of whether you actually intend to wager, do you feel confident about Nebraska covering a 10-point or 11-point spread?

I hope we have a comfortable lead in the 4th quarter, because the last thing we need is another type of NW or CU collapse.

Yes I do

This Illinois team has slightly more talent than the past few years, but they have no clue how to win. I would expect the game to be uncomfortably close for about 2.5 quarters and then the Huskers pull away to win 31-14

Last edited:

I still have nightmares from the game in 2015 when Riley's staff botched the ending of that game. I was there with a friend who is an Illinois fan and he let me have it the entire night.

Last edited:
I still have nightmares from the game in 2015 when Riley's staff botched the ending of that game. I was there with a friend who is an Illinois fan and he let me have it the entire night.
There was almost no way to lose that game... but we found a way. It took an unconscionable clock management mistake in the final minute followed by a major coverage bust in an obvious passing situation. Riley lost multiple games in 2015 where we had about a 99% chance to win in the final minute.

There was almost no way to lose that game... but we found a way. It took an unconscionable clock management mistake in the final minute followed by a major coverage bust in an obvious passing situation. Riley lost multiple games in 2015 where we had about a 99% chance to win in the final minute.
Uhh, dont forget TAs decision to pass when he was told not to...

Uhh, dont forget TAs decision to pass when he was told not to...
Yep... That was the unconscionable clock management mistake. Fair debate about whether Riley or Armstrong was to blame. Riley should not have called a play where there was any option to pass, and TA should have been smart enough not to take any chance throwing the ball in that situation.

Riley was scared to death of the wind on that final drive and refused to play for a FG so they call a run/pass option on 3rd down (turned out to be a pass which stopped the clock)....and Ilinois had only one time out. Run the ball and they would have had to burn that final time-out and probably get the ball back with less the :20 to play with the length of the field. And then the mind-boggling base defense on Illinois' winning drive when Illini had the wind at their back. Not sure I've ever seen worse game management in my life.

But I"m not bitter...lol :mad:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back