• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Xavier Watts Commits To Notre Dame

Looks bored in this pick.
IMO he is hard to read. His expression doesn't seem to change much in the pictures I see on this thread.

Unlike a lot of Nebraska born and raised kids I have never read or heard him comment that he is a big fan of NU or that his dream is to play for the Big Red.

He has a ton of offers. I hope in the end he picks NU, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up somewhere else.

IMO he is hard to read. His expression doesn't seem to change much in the pictures I see on this thread.

Unlike a lot of Nebraska born and raised kids I have never read or heard him comment that he is a big fan of NU or that his dream is to play for the Big Red.

He has a ton of offers. I hope in the end he picks NU, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up somewhere else.
Yeah not much of a smiler but here he just looks like. Can we get this over with.

Good players are going to rack up offers as long as they end up at Nebraska its a good sign of the quality of the players from in-state.

He has two CBs both for Nebraska. Oh and one is from Steve Wilfong.
Thanks RR.
Would be a fan delight to see a Zavier/Xavier WR corp tandem.
The Press and Play by Play Announcers would love to run with that.

Reminds me a lot of the Nick Henrich recruitment. Didn't talk a ton about his recruitment so left a lot up to speculation on the message boards. "His dad was an Iowa guy so they are toughest competition." "Likes what he's hearing from Wisconsin." "Florida just offered, have to watch out for them as they are SEC and could like the climate." In reality, Nebraska has the best position for him out of anyone. 2 kids that he grew up playing with already down in Lincoln, and we finally have location in our favor for what will inevitably be a four star on some site. To me it will all come down to how Hickman and Henrich enjoy their first 12 months, as Omaha Burke has 2 guys playing for the Huskers that he knows and 0 guys playing at other FBS schools. Players telling you how things are and not selling you like coaches go a long way.

To me it will all come down to how Hickman and Henrich enjoy their first 12 months, as Omaha Burke has 2 guys playing for the Huskers that he knows and 0 guys playing at other FBS schools. Players telling you how things are and not selling you like coaches go a long way.

The flip side of that is the kid just might want to blaze his own trail.

The flip side of that is the kid just might want to blaze his own trail.
That goes back to what I was talking about at the beginning of my post tho. Nebraska fans sit there and find reasons why it won't happen. Location, 2 players he played with just last year down there, our coaches being able to get in front of him more than any staff, etc. Those things don't have me going "well ya, but he may want to do his own thing." I'll let him say that before I start finding the reasons he won't be here. As of now, i'll focus on us having the most things in our favor compared to other teams.

That goes back to what I was talking about at the beginning of my post tho. Nebraska fans sit there and find reasons why it won't happen. Location, 2 players he played with just last year down there, our coaches being able to get in front of him more than any staff, etc. Those things don't have me going "well ya, but he may want to do his own thing." I'll let him say that before I start finding the reasons he won't be here. As of now, i'll focus on us having the most things in our favor compared to other teams.

Oh, I agree, NU should have the advantage here....but nothing surprises me with these kids and recruiting these days.

I think after so many disappointments in the past 18 years, many Husker fans (me included) just have some baked-in pessimism we have to work through.

I think after so many disappointments in the past 18 years, many Husker fans (me included) just have some baked-in pessimism we have to work through.
I completely understand that. I just don’t want us to always have the built in reason about proximity being tough, then when we finally have a recruit here in our state it’s “he may want to do his own thing.”

I completely understand that. I just don’t want us to always have the built in reason about proximity being tough, then when we finally have a recruit here in our state it’s “he may want to do his own thing.”

The following is a true statement: Not all Nebraska kids want to play for Nebraska

In the past we've had good local players choose to go elsewhere (this is true) even in the Osborne era (see Larry Station or Scott Frost). Frosty may be the poster child for this in terms of "doing his own thing" when he chose Bill Walsh over TO (fortunately for NU football that didn't work out).

It is possible that when a person on the board here just says a kid might want to do his own thing, the person is just simply reflecting the true statement above. Nothing more than that ....nothing about proximity being tough or a lamentation on how hard it is to recruit.

But, I do think I understand you're frustration with NU fans always trying to come up with excuses of why we can't do this or do that particularly when it comes to recruiting.... We've always seemed to have plenty of built in excuses. We've had head coaches lead the way with built in excuses.....

Okay, that's all I got... :Biggrin:

Luckily, there's a 12-step program for that. Here's an overview of it:

upload_2019-4-25_9-48-26.png

Someone needs to pull a Watergate at his house and see what Posters, Shirts, etc he has in his room.
Probably better to Watergate his house in the middle of the day rather than the middle of the night.
You're more likely to blend in with the other vertical people in the house when there's sun light.
Let's just cut to the chase here ... make G. Gordon Liddy proud. :Corn2:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back