• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers Offer Grad Transfer CB Akayleb Evens

If a coach is bypassing talented transfers who could come in and start for you because of a walk-on, they're managing the roster wrong.
Unless the walk on is truely a diamond that Fish has polished into a fine gem.

If a coach is bypassing a player who could come in and start for a walk-on, he is managing the roster wrong....at least that's what i've heard.

Please tell me you know the difference between a walk-on who has been named All-Conference and a guy who is probably the 11th or 12th best defensive back on the roster. I know you like to try and undermine me, but this is a weak attempt. You can do better.

Getting this thread back on the subject

Some really nice film

Last edited:

Please tell me you know the difference between a walk-on who has been named All-Conference and a guy who is probably the 11th or 12th best defensive back on the roster. I know you like to try and undermine me, but this is a weak attempt. You can do better.
OK first the bolded is an out and out lie. I very much respect your opinion. I have on multiple occasions identified you and *** as the 2 people who's opinion I respect the most. The fact that I might occasionally disagree with you or that I ask for a clearer definition of what you mean should NEVER be confused with trying to undermine you. This board would truly be less without you.

I do sometimes take the opposite stance of a debate just to get a deeper understanding of the facts.

All that being said. If someone with the talent Sanford has is indeed the 11th or 12th best defensive back on the team. Then as I stated the room seems pretty stacked with talent. I will agree that virtually none of that talent is experienced. I just think that there are other rooms that show far less talent and could use an upgrade more than the DB room. RB for instance has even less experience then the DB room. They did already bring in some talent but he is injured currently and who knows what he will be when he gets back.

I’d agree. I could argue for NG and OLB over corner right now. I’d be shocked if we got a grad transfer good enough to start over some of the guys we are choosing between at corner but more depth will be good for us.

At least the guy has 2 years of eligibility. If he only had 1 year, I don't really see the point. But again, Fisher is the best assistant on the staff so I'll go with whatever he says.

At least the guy has 2 years of eligibility. If he only had 1 year, I don't really see the point. But again, Fisher is the best assistant on the staff so I'll go with whatever he says.
Ya, the thing that’s interesting though is every single position coach would take one more recruit at their spot (besides QB). So us looking for one isn’t really Fisher saying “we need one.” I don’t know a position coach that would decline one more scholarship player if the HC offered.

Ya, the thing that’s interesting though is every single position coach would take one more recruit at their spot (besides QB). So us looking for one isn’t really Fisher saying “we need one.” I don’t know a position coach that would decline one more scholarship player if the HC offered.

Yeah, I get it. It just seems like an odd thing at that position group. Whoever loses the Newsome/Clark battle is a very good 3rd CB. And out of Joseph, Lynum, and Buford, there's enough there to provide pretty solid depth. And if CTB goes down for any significant period of time, it doesn't matter who the backups are.

OK first the bolded is an out and out lie. I very much respect your opinion. I have on multiple occasions identified you and *** as the 2 people who's opinion I respect the most. The fact that I might occasionally disagree with you or that I ask for a clearer definition of what you mean should NEVER be confused with trying to undermine you. This board would truly be less without you.

I do sometimes take the opposite stance of a debate just to get a deeper understanding of the facts.

All that being said. If someone with the talent Sanford has is indeed the 11th or 12th best defensive back on the team. Then as I stated the room seems pretty stacked with talent. I will agree that virtually none of that talent is experienced. I just think that there are other rooms that show far less talent and could use an upgrade more than the DB room. RB for instance has even less experience then the DB room. They did already bring in some talent but he is injured currently and who knows what he will be when he gets back.
Hey Thom, the part you bolded wasn't directed at you as he quoted someone else.

First of all he was responding to another poster not you which is why posting at 2AM in the morning is never a good thing.

As for the rest of your lovefest get a room next time

RR

The personal stuff needs to stop and that applies to several people or Thread bans will be issued

RR

Last edited:

I don't want to derail the thread any longer. I was just pointing out that when you make general, all-encompassing statements sound like it is the gospel, there will be times when they are not valid. My example was a prime example of that.

Carry on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back