• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers lead for RB Sevion Morrison Update: 21 August Announcement

Adrian Martinez did not have offers from USC or UCLA. It happens. Deontre Thomas had no offers from OU or Oklahoma State. It happens. I could go on such as Easton Stick not getting an offer from Nebraska.

Not sure Easton Stick is a great analogy, but hopefully NU can get his commit before the Texas schools wake up.

Not sure Easton Stick is a great analogy, but hopefully NU can get his commit before the Texas schools wake up.

Plenty of arguments at the time Pelini should have offered him. The fact he got drafted by the Chargers speaks volumes too. With that being said fair enough.

The Oklahoma schools too

The easy explanation would be that that was his time (hand-held) in a 4x100m relay. If I could cherry-pick my best time from one of those hand-held times in a relay, I'm pretty sure that I was in the Carl Lewis zone. In real life, the assistant coach doing the splits doesn't do things consistently and accurately, and often hits early and/or late, and ... bada bing ... someone just ran a world-class time but at the expense of a relay partner who suddenly was pulling a plow for that race.
And if I had to guess, he was running the third leg of the 4x100m relay....the second guy ran more like 105-108 meters and his was shorter.

With that said, if the staff likes Mr. Morrison to be part of the team then I'm looking forward to him committing and being N.

And if I had to guess, he was running the third leg of the 4x100m relay....the second guy ran more like 105-108 meters and his was shorter.

With that said, if the staff likes Mr. Morrison to be part of the team then I'm looking forward to him committing and being N.
Yep, that's the idea, but, fwiw, I was thinking of a 2nd leg where the stud runs 1st out of the blocks and runs about 3/4 of the exchange before the handoff, then a short exchange to the 3rd leg, but equals the same amount.

Wait a minute, are you people saying we can't believe all of the times recruits say they have run at some point in their lives? I thought the services automatically took a star away if there was an unsubstantiated claim.

Adrian Martinez did not have offers from USC or UCLA. It happens. Deontre Thomas had no offers from OU or Oklahoma State. It happens. I could go on such as Easton Stick not getting an offer from Nebraska.
He is just now going into his senior season in high school. If he has a year as good or better than last year he could still end up with any number of Texas and Oklahoma offers. In fact, that was a topic of discussion on the most recent Husker 247 podcast. They said that Morrison showed up on campus wearing Sooner gear. The concern the 247 guys have is if he commits to NU but gets an offer from Oklahoma he might possibly flip his commitment.

Even if that is the case you still take the kids commitment and fight like hell to keep it. IMO.

Yep, that's the idea, but, fwiw, I was thinking of a 2nd leg where the stud runs 1st out of the blocks and runs about 3/4 of the exchange before the handoff, then a short exchange to the 3rd leg, but equals the same amount.
Depending on the year, I had my strongest runner who maintained his speed well run the 2nd leg and had him run the furthest. Several ways to skin that 4x100m cat. Either way, if the kid is difficult to tackle, runs well on the football field, catches passes well, and holds onto the football well...I could care more about how fast his 100m time is, but I don't.

Depending on the year, I had my strongest runner who maintained his speed well run the 2nd leg and had him run the furthest. Several ways to skin that 4x100m cat. Either way, if the kid is difficult to tackle, runs well on the football field, catches passes well, and holds onto the football well...I could care more about how fast his 100m time is, but I don't.
I think you just described Abdullah & Burkhead

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back