• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers lead for RB Sevion Morrison Update: 21 August Announcement

I'll be interested what their strategy is with running back come the end of August. If they add Morrison to the '20 class and end up with John Bivens as a late addition greyshirt, would they earmark another spot in this class for a running back at that point? This class needs to be heavy on the defensive side IMO. Would they take another guy like Marvin Scott or give that spot to an additional linebacker for example? I'm interested how that goes.
I think he’s their Robinson and Spielman recruit this year, but if they get a lot of WR traction they can move him to RB. Johnson, Thompkins, Bivens all show up and show out, keep him outside. Gives you recruiting flexibility.
Yes it does. Nice problem to have

I remember in the 90s there were a lot of guys who came in as QBs or RB that would end up as safeties or LBs. Is there a possibility to have some of these guys make similar changes?

It seems like sped is the common denominator. If you can run, we’re interested. If you can run and hit. Go to the front of the line. (Certainly on defense)

It seems like sped is the common denominator. If you can run, we’re interested. If you can run and hit. Go to the front of the line. (Certainly on defense)
Like Stoops in his early years (albeit with some decent cupboards). Not bad approach if coaches get them all running fast to ball and hitting hard. Think we are on a good path!

That’s how fast it was... it was already over. But yes, speed

giphy.gif

Definitely should be a concern for Morrison. He's a huge Adrian Peterson fan from what I've heard and a Sooner offer probably results in a commitment. Sometimes you'll win out when a kid gets an offer like that because your scheme is just more appealing or a better fit, but Oklahoma has an offense that will appeal to playmakers just like Nebraska's, so that's off the table.

I think they should try for a RB class of Morrison and Marvin Scott III.
If the child beater AP is who he actually looked up to he should take that into consideration IMO. Great RB no doubt, but not a great human...

If the child beater AP is who he actually looked up to he should take that into consideration IMO. Great RB no doubt, but not a great human...
So if a kid grew up liking to watch Ray Lewis, he's probably going to kill somebody? Weren't you the one talking about your credentials awhile back?

They're kids. Adrian Peterson was/is one of the best RBs ever. He also spanked his child with a switch in such a way that it left welts. He apologized and admitted that he had made a mistake. Now, not only are we still supposed to forever hold Peterson in contempt, if anybody else has the audacity to like him, we should also keep them under suspicion.

America used to be the land of second chances, but apparently now it's the land of eternal perdition for any mistakes that don't fall under the PC umbrella.

Last edited:
So if a kid grew up liking to watch Ray Lewis, he's probably going to kill somebody? Weren't you the one talking about your credentials awhile back?

They're kids. Adrian Peterson was/is one of the best RBs ever. He also spanked his child with a switch in such a way that it left welts. He apologized and admitted that he had made a mistake. Now, not only are we still supposed to forever hold Peterson in contempt, if anybody else has the audacity to like him, we should also keep them under suspicion.

America used to be the land of second chances, but apparently now it's the land of eternal perdition for any mistakes that don't fall under the PC umbrella.
You "beat" me to it! AP is not a child beater by any normal sense of the word. Nether was my father who took a belt to my backside more than once! Sometimes it a little more persuasion than for other kids. I am betting his son grows up with a whole lot more respect for others than what is normal from many millennials nowadays.

You "beat" me to it! AP is not a child beater by any normal sense of the word. Nether was my father who took a belt to my backside more than once! Sometimes it a little more persuasion than for other kids. I am betting his son grows up with a whole lot more respect for others than what is normal from many millennials nowadays.

See my post above get back on topic

RR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back