• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers lead for RB Sevion Morrison Update: 21 August Announcement

Ya and he has no 100. It’s the official Oklahoma state site tho for the final results. But you are right 10.5 and 23.5 does not add up.

I'll go out on a limb and say he's never run a 10.5 100M. Here's a link to his high schools track records. The 200 time is 5th fastest in his schools history. He's not on the list for 100M, but the it appears he runs the 4X100 with the guy that actually holds the school record at 10.69. https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=7087

Only reference to the 10.5 I can find is in this interview:

Just how fast are you?
“My fastest time is 10.5 in the 100 (meters). That was during my sophomore year.”
Wow. That is encroaching Olympic track speed.
“Thank you.”

Last edited:
I'll go out on a limb and say he's never run a 10.5 100M. Here's a link to his high schools track records. The 200 time is 5th fastest in his schools history. He's not on the list for 100M, but the it appears he runs the 4X100 with the guy that actually holds the school record at 10.69. https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=7087

Could it be in his Soph year he maybe ran a 100 yd race instead of meters? Either that or maybe he ran one that was wind aided and did not count as an official time.

The easy explanation would be that that was his time (hand-held) in a 4x100m relay. If I could cherry-pick my best time from one of those hand-held times in a relay, I'm pretty sure that I was in the Carl Lewis zone. In real life, the assistant coach doing the splits doesn't do things consistently and accurately, and often hits early and/or late, and ... bada bing ... someone just ran a world-class time but at the expense of a relay partner who suddenly was pulling a plow for that race.

Maybe he ran the stop watch himself. ;)

The easy explanation would be that that was his time (hand-held) in a 4x100m relay. If I could cherry-pick my best time from one of those hand-held times in a relay, I'm pretty sure that I was in the Carl Lewis zone. In real life, the assistant coach doing the splits doesn't do things consistently and accurately, and often hits early and/or late, and ... bada bing ... someone just ran a world-class time but at the expense of a relay partner who suddenly was pulling a plow for that race.

My theory is more fun. That or he chose a time he ran in a tornado.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back