• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers lead for RB Sevion Morrison Update: 21 August Announcement

I'll go out on a limb and say he's never run a 10.5 100M. Here's a link to his high schools track records. The 200 time is 5th fastest in his schools history. He's not on the list for 100M, but the it appears he runs the 4X100 with the guy that actually holds the school record at 10.69. https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=7087

Only reference to the 10.5 I can find is in this interview:

Maybe his English teacher wanted him to practice using the term “Hyperbole” in a speaking setting for a class assignment. So he tried it during the interview. For those of you that were in high school many many decades ago...

original-915939-1.jpg

Last edited:
He is just now going into his senior season in high school. If he has a year as good or better than last year he could still end up with any number of Texas and Oklahoma offers. In fact, that was a topic of discussion on the most recent Husker 247 podcast. They said that Morrison showed up on campus wearing Sooner gear. The concern the 247 guys have is if he commits to NU but gets an offer from Oklahoma he might possibly flip his commitment.

Even if that is the case you still take the kids commitment and fight like hell to keep it. IMO.

Definitely should be a concern for Morrison. He's a huge Adrian Peterson fan from what I've heard and a Sooner offer probably results in a commitment. Sometimes you'll win out when a kid gets an offer like that because your scheme is just more appealing or a better fit, but Oklahoma has an offense that will appeal to playmakers just like Nebraska's, so that's off the table.

I think they should try for a RB class of Morrison and Marvin Scott III.

Definitely should be a concern for Morrison. He's a huge Adrian Peterson fan from what I've heard and a Sooner offer probably results in a commitment. Sometimes you'll win out when a kid gets an offer like that because your scheme is just more appealing or a better fit, but Oklahoma has an offense that will appeal to playmakers just like Nebraska's, so that's off the table.

Those two have been receiving a great deal of attention from the staff and would be great additions to the RB room.

As you already know good chance we get both

As you already know good chance we get both

I'll be interested what their strategy is with running back come the end of August. If they add Morrison to the '20 class and end up with John Bivens as a late addition greyshirt, would they earmark another spot in this class for a running back at that point? This class needs to be heavy on the defensive side IMO. Would they take another guy like Marvin Scott or give that spot to an additional linebacker for example? I'm interested how that goes.

I'll be interested what their strategy is with running back come the end of August. If they add Morrison to the '20 class and end up with John Bivens as a late addition greyshirt, would they earmark another spot in this class for a running back at that point? This class needs to be heavy on the defensive side IMO. Would they take another guy like Marvin Scott or give that spot to an additional linebacker for example? I'm interested how that goes.

And with those questions, you sum up my interest in recruiting. I don't have an opinion on Scott vs. Morisson. But roster management and filling and addressing current and future needs is where my interest lies. (That and making snide/distracting comments.)

Add Nixon to them trying to figure out what to do at the RB spot.

That is definitely something they will have to consider if Bivens joins as a Gray Shirt

Going to be interesting to see where this all goes

Last edited:

Yup that too

Not to mention he said he will be featured more at RB his senior year

So is he eventually a Duck R guy or RB?
I think he’s their Robinson and Spielman recruit this year, but if they get a lot of WR traction they can move him to RB. Johnson, Thompkins, Bivens all show up and show out, keep him outside. Gives you recruiting flexibility.

I think he’s their Robinson and Spielman recruit this year, but if they get a lot of WR traction they can move him to RB. Johnson, Thompkins, Bivens all show up and show out, keep him outside. Gives you recruiting flexibility.

Yes it does. Nice problem to have

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back