• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS @'JAYS - TUES. - 6:05 pm - 4/30/24 - Schwab Field, Omaha

I think when they play Nebraska, it’s the little brother syndrome…..

They absolutely go all out to beat us whereas we seem rather indifferent about the whole thing.

And that could really come back to hurt us come tournament bid time

If the Huskers are indifferent about this game, then there is a bigger problem.

Yep. The "indifferent" argument for losing midweek games is really just laughable.
I’m not saying that I like it…

Nor am I saying I excuse it….

It just seems like the intensity is not there for midweek games….. and it seems especially evident against Creighton, even Omaha…. over the last 4 to 5 years.

I’m just pointing out something the way it appears to me.

in the end, it’s up to the coach to change that behavior. And so far Will has not been able to do that.

Gene….If you find the argument laughable…… I don’t….

It’s a serious flaw with this team, and it could prevent them from a tournament birth.

but with the way college sports are going, and because of the crap conference we are in, that is probably all we will get to see.
I think we see this entirely differently, my friend.

And I have seen some of your other posts complaining about us being in the Big Ten, but I just think you’re not living in reality.

Nebraska should thank it’s lucky stars that it’s in the Big Ten.

It’s one of the two conferences that’s going to wind up on top of all this crap when it’s all over.

And it all boils down to money nowadays. To put it simply, Nebraska will be in excellent shape because of the conference they are in.

I think Nebraska will ultimately do extremely well in baseball….. if not under Will then we’ll find someone else who will get the job done. There’s too much support for the program here.

We have the best facilities in the conference and put more emphasis into baseball, probably than anyone else in the conference, except maybe Indiana and Michigan who I think are on par with Nebraska’s overall Baseball program right now.

Michigan will have the money to continue that trend Indiana and the rest of the conference will not and Ohio State treats baseball like a high school sport.

As for the season falling apart…..

Are you writing us off already?….

There is a clear path to a conference championship and a bid.

There is also a clear path in a less successful direction.

I think we’re kind of at a crossroads right now.

We shall see what happens in the next three weeks.

I can't get audio!!
someone post the url for me. I hate the new set up
had it early, so hard to get it after the game!!

I am so happy for Jackson!!
2 bb and an error did not stop
him!! He was friggin' awesome!!
What was it? 12 Ks or 11? I will check!!

I think we see this entirely differently, my friend.

And I have seen some of your other posts complaining about us being in the Big Ten, but I just think you’re not living in reality.

Nebraska should thank it’s lucky stars that it’s in the Big Ten.

It’s one of the two conferences that’s going to wind up on top of all this crap when it’s all over.

And it all boils down to money nowadays. To put it simply, Nebraska will be in excellent shape because of the conference they are in.

I think Nebraska will ultimately do extremely well in baseball….. if not under Will then we’ll find someone else who will get the job done. There’s too much support for the program here.

We have the best facilities in the conference and put more emphasis into baseball, probably than anyone else in the conference, except maybe Indiana and Michigan who I think are on par with Nebraska’s overall Baseball program right now.

Michigan will have the money to continue that trend Indiana and the rest of the conference will not and Ohio State treats baseball like a high school sport.

As for the season falling apart…..

Are you writing us off already?….

There is a clear path to a conference championship and a bid.

There is also a clear path in a less successful direction.

I think we’re kind of at a crossroads right now.

We shall see what happens in the next three weeks.

Oh, I live in reality, and the history of Big 10 baseball is there to back me up. They have never been a good conference. I could start pulling stats to prove it, but it isn't that important.

but that is ok, you disagree, and that is fine.

second bold... I am not writing them off, per se, but it is pretty clear this is another team that had potential, but then fell flat. be it coaching or whatever. Facts are clear, they are floundering. They could still win the conference, but in a weak conference that doesn't mean much. They go on to win the conference then immediately lose in the first round... seen that before.

Last edited:

I’m not saying that I like it…

Nor am I saying I excuse it….

It just seems like the intensity is not there for midweek games….. and it seems especially evident against Creighton, even Omaha…. over the last 4 to 5 years.

I’m just pointing out something the way it appears to me.

in the end, it’s up to the coach to change that behavior. And so far Will has not been able to do that.

Gene….If you find the argument laughable…… I don’t….

It’s a serious flaw with this team, and it could prevent them from a tournament birth.

Yeah.. laughable might have been harsh.. ..and I do see where you are coming from. I just think they want to beat CU just as bad as their BIG opponents, but it just hasn't happened. Interesting, and in total contrast, CU can't seem to win their weekend conference games, but I am sure that is not an intensity issue.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back