• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers in the MLB draft

Red93

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Wondering if anyone had any thoughts or insight as to which Huskers may get drafted this year - and if so, what the chances are we could actually lose some underclassmen. I believe the draft has been reduced from 50 to 40 rounds this year, but I still expect some guys to at least get picked....whether or not they actually sign remains to be seen. Anyone?

I saw that one of our recruits/commits, Justin Black, was drafted in the 4th round by the Braves -- that can't be good for DONU

Just learned via Twitter that Black indeed plans on turning pro -- oh well, win some, lose some....I do feel like I'm talking to myself....maybe I should see ThotDoc

In a release this afternoon, Mike Anderson congratulates his players/recruits selected for the draft and requests the patience of fans as another of his teams has been just decimated by the MLB draft -- looks like a rebuilding year. The sports information director points out that Nebraska is the only college team affected by baseball's player draft.

Am I correct that with Black having a schlorship offer and no going to go pro that per Big 10 rules that Schlorship is lost for the next four years?

Just learned via Twitter that Black indeed plans on turning pro -- oh well, win some, lose some....I do feel like I'm talking to myself....maybe I should see ThotDoc

You're doing fine. Just keep talking.......

Some of my best conversations are with myself. :drool:

I hope if any of the underclassmen are drafted they don't sign and comeback. We need their leadership to help rebuild the program.

Yeh, just read that report! Dagummit! This is the type of talent it takes to be really successful! I bet, Darin is :banghead:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back