• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers in the AFL

Hate to say it but I have zero interest in anything the NFL is putting out. Looking forward to the XFL next year.

No kickoffs, and no kicked PATs.
The other twist is 'onside conversion' where you are trailing with under 5 minutes left so you trade a kickoff for a 4th & 12 down from your own 28.

Well DPE has looked very bad through the 1st 20 minutes of tonight’s game for Salt Lake.
Let a pass go right through his hands on a 3rd down play that would have been for a 1st down, and just now muffed a punt that led to a quick TD for Arizona.
YIKES

Well DPE has looked very bad through the 1st 20 minutes of tonight’s game for Salt Lake.
Let a pass go right through his hands on a 3rd down play that would have been for a 1st down, and just now muffed a punt that led to a quick TD for Arizona.
YIKES
Yeah, he's got the one catch but he took a peek on that punt and paid for it.

DPE and K Bell have looked good tonight for the first game of the season

DPE struggled to start the game but is getting in the flow

Sorry RR...not sure what game you're watching. DPE had two drops, 1 catch for 5 yards, and a muffed punt that led to a TD. Bell didnt catch a ball on 3 targets. I'm not sure what they did that looked "good" besides a couple of good stalk blocks by KB.

Very underwhelming performance by the former Husker wideouts. Hoping this had more to do with playing with their 2nd string QB.

Last edited:
Sorry RR...not sure what game you're watching. DPE had two drops, 1 catch for 5 yards, and a muffed punt that led to a TD. Bell didnt catch a ball on 3 targets. I'm not sure what they did that looked "good" besides a couple of good stalk blocks by KB.

Very underwhelming performance by the former Husker wideouts. Hoping this had more to do with playing with their 2nd string QB.

I watched it a bit here and there so honestly did not see the whole thing. Saw DPE make a 30 yard catch. They were saying nice things about Bell too. I know DPE did not catch on with any NFL team and struggled in the CFL so this is probably last chance station for him. I wonder if he has totally recovered from his last college injury?

Last edited:

DPE also had that 30 yarder that set up SL's first score.

My son and I caught most of the game (he's the biggest DPE fan). I must have missed that one catch. DPE had two bad drops and that muffed punt. And it seemed like they weren't even looking Kenny's way.

DPE's greatest opportunity to play at the next level is playing special teams, so those mistakes are huge. He doesn't seem like the same player he was....so yes, I agree @Red Reign with your line of thinking.

On a side note the official stats came out for the game and there is no record of DPE's 30 yard catch LOL. Even when he does something positive it's not reflected in the league box score. Sucks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190210-234334_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190210-234334_Chrome.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

For all you college football fans, with the creation of the AAFL and the XFL (Minor League Football) the High School Football athlete now has a choice straight out of high school to play professional football or they could leave at anytime during their college career. Do you think in the future players like Clowney, Trevor Lawrence, Jose Bosa and even Suh will forego the college experience and turn pro? What do you think that does to the college game?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back