• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers in final three for 2022 TE/DE Max Whisner (Decision coming 21 Sept)

Within 500 mile recruit. Quite common these days to commit early
Yep, I suppose we get 1 or 2 commits this early in most cycles. Prochaska and Smothers being recent examples. Then there's always the RJ Sorenson types that commit early but end up elsewhere.

It is a good risk to take if the right type of player is ready to commit and shut down his recruitment.

Any thoughts on Whisner as a prospect vs. Micah Riley?

Yep, I suppose we get 1 or 2 commits this early in most cycles. Prochaska and Smothers being recent examples. Then there's always the RJ Sorenson types that commit early but end up elsewhere.

It is a good risk to take if the right type of player is ready to commit and shut down his recruitment.

I don't know enough about Whisker as a TE. I think this offer is looking at him as a DE. Which would be a nice pickup at that position

There seems to be some thought that Riley isn't hot on Nebraska, so if a quality player is interested, we might take them and move on.

There seems to be some thought that Riley isn't hot on Nebraska, so if a quality player is interested, we might take them and move on.
That is the sense I have gotten with Riley as well. Some other HM posters have suggested he is likely Iowa bound. If there is a comparable TE prospect for 2022 who wants in, I agree we should take him.

RR suggested that Whisner may end up on defense rather than TE, so maybe this ultimately has nothing to do with our recruitment of Riley.

Last edited:

Gut tells me Nebraska. But, he recently retweeted a couple Elijah Drinkwitz tweets.

Would be nice to get back into Kansas City. Same high school as Boe Wilson, Monte Harrison and a couple more i can’t think of off the top of my head.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back