• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers @Illini - 1st game - 4-2-21 -

Our lineup is not diminished, it is actually improving.
I agree. We’re still very young but we are definitely starting to get some depth and experience. Something we have totally lacked. We’ve had some years with “depth” and some years with “experience“ but never the two together really since the last year of Mike Riley.

I would certainly have rather seen Wan Dale stay. But he alone will not really make or break us. I had hopes for McCaffrey.......

then I watched him throw the football....I don’t understand why his parents are so stubborn. He has the makings of an excellent running back like his brother. But QB?

The bottom line is we lead the nation in losing one’s score games for the last three years combined. ONE SCORE

Forget all the flash and dash.... we just need to play cleaner football. Play solid defense, Cut the turnovers, stop inopportune playcalling, Throw the damn ball away or tuck and run if receivers aren’t open, cut penalties, kick the damn ball into the end zone on a kick off and find kids that can play contain on a punt team.

And over half of those one score games will be won by us.

We are in the Big Ten. It’s time we started playing like the Big Ten plays....

I think we surprise this year and next year we will take off!

August 31 2024 .... Miners at Huskers
Yep....just a totally easy schedule that year...

Why we play the total patsies of:

Ohio State
Michigan
and Penn State

in the same year as “crossover games”

I mean I can’t even remember a year that’s ever happened....

@Hooked on Huskers

Remember my friend,

I am the glass half full guy..... The eternal optimist.

Because the opposite is just so boring, and depressing, and frankly just bad for my health.

I worked in a job for 25 years that could be bad for my health at any moment.

I just ain’t a gonna do that anymore..... :thumbsup:

So true, sadly our football team is diminishing by the day!

Wish I knew why our team is leaving, one by one??

As far as basketball, time is running out, also!
Ah, I see a Gene Autry ride to the rescue for the football season.
basketball, Seems only Danny Nee figured it out?
Love reading the baseball play by plays even if it is the next morning.

It's not like I'm giving up; we are losing players all the time. We have not shown improvement in the past, and now our lineup is diminished. Sad state of affairs. It does not mean I give up; I am worried as hell. You see how it's going the last few years, it is scary.
Well, figuring you are old enough to remember pre-Devaney years...Let's compare to those days and maybe feel more hope?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back