• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS HOST SPARTANS - THURSDAY - 5-19-22 - 6:35 CTRL - HAWKS FIELD (Game 1 of 3)

Next year we return 3 players batting over 250 (and none really between 250 and 200).

Pitching wise we will have 2 proven pitchers (3 and 4 if you count Brocket and Ornelas) unless people opt for a covid year.

I fear next year makes this year look like a walk in the park.

I fear next year makes this year look like a walk in the park
I think we’ll get some of those Covid players. But I also agree with you in the sense that we need to search for some talent. The search will depend on how much pitching he’s bringing back. How many of those seniors that are starters will come back.

Then the question is how many does he want back.

I don’t know what he does but whatever it is I hope it’s good because this year was miserable.

60267542.jpg

Football -- Basketball -- Baseball

I was always a Twins fan growing up…Harmon Killebrew et all..

But I loved Willie Mays…

I cried for two days as a kid after the 62 World Series. I was juuuuust old enough to understand.

Willie McCovey hits the ball 6 inches higher over Tony Kubec…. And it would’ve been Nirvana.

Life.

And baseball.

We sucked this year. All you can do is hope for “better”. 12 one run losses defined this team. Many times close, very close….but not good enough.

So it goes. I‘ll watch the last two games just out of curiosity.

seems I’m a glutton for punishment!

The preseason pick was all just BS and everybody knew it when they did it.

This team was gutted from last year…and it showed all season.

I cried for two days as a kid after the 62 World Series. I was juuuuust old enough to understand.

"I cried for two days as a kid after the 65 World Series". Damn Dodgers.

Bob Allison, Earl Battey, Mudcat Grant, Camilo Pascual (my mom's crush), Tony Oliva, Zoilo Versalles, Jim Kaat, etc

And later, Rod Carew and Kirby Puckett.

Ol' Met ... several times I attended. Good times. Though I don't like Metrodome .... outdoors please ...... (like football)

'87 & '91 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I just read, if we win the next 2 games and Maryland sweeps Purdue, we are in.... even after yesterday's debacle!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back