• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers Hire New Nutritionist From South Carolina

Maybe at one time.

I think the influx of outsiders into Omaha and the Lincoln area may have skewed that.

Edit: Just checked. Nebraska isn’t in the top ten

Most of the top ten are SEC states. The other two are Michigan and West Virginia.
Ohio has to be top ten.

Edit 15th. Wow. I can't even imagine.

Last edited:
Ohio has to be top ten.

Edit 15th. Wow. I can't even imagine.

Columbus is likely a lot more health centric than the rest of Ohio.

I did find another list created in late '22 that didn't have Michigan in the top ten, West Virginia at #1 and added Oklahoma to make it 7 SEC states and 3 Big 12 states in the obesity BCS standings.

West Virginia had a staggering 40% of their population listed as obese with Alabama nipping at their heels with 39.9%.

Man.

First thing we do when we cross the border is go to a convenience store and check out the 11 different types of Dr Pepper and 17 different flavours of Mountain Dew. You guys are world's leading experts on pop (soda).

When I was in Vegas last month I got a 2 litre of Strawberry Fanta for the hotel room. A solid win!
Don’t they refer to pop/soda in general down there as “cola?” I thought remember that back in the 2000’s.

1. West Virginia
2. Kentucky
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Mississippi
6. Arkansas
7. Louisiana
8. South Dakota
9. Ohio
10. Missouri

You should see those people drive. I went there for a Spring Break in the eighties. Apparently it is ok to U-turn anywhere on a highway. Ok, but at least drive on the other side of the road after changing direction.
Lol...Coming up on a yr in NC. U-turns everywhere in the city too... just starting to be comfortable doing them. Also, if ya go thru a yellow light...ya can be sure 3 people behind ya will follow thru too... I count them all the time...lol. Pretty different from Omaha habits.

1. West Virginia
2. Kentucky
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Mississippi
6. Arkansas
7. Louisiana
8. South Dakota
9. Ohio
10. Missouri
My wife was an orthopedic surgery PA in Oklahoma for 3 years. Most of what she did was amputate diabetic limbs. She would do anywhere from 5 to 10 a week.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back