• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers /Hawkeyes DH on Sunday, 12:00 pm start - Hawks Field.

I went 4-5 on my road trip back to the promised land, but had an absolute blast. I’m a little biased but there is no place like Hawks Field. Love the ice cream cones too.

I’m back in the frozen God forsaken land of Minnesota and will be there for at least Friday’s game. Hope to get Anglims autograph. I’ve been saying he was hitting the ball hard with no luck. Well luck finally turned with three straight homers. Super excited to see that in person and won’t soon forget it.

Well, ummmmm, well....
They turned a corner alright. Straight into the trash.

I thought i saw the same thing though, so not just you.

Total rebuild. Offensively we have Max and Garrett and maybe Core to build off of.

Pitching we have Olson, Bragg, Brockett and Benson.

We need a major infusion of talent.

They turned a corner alright. Straight into the trash.

I thought i saw the same thing though, so not just you.

Total rebuild. Offensively we have Max and Garrett and maybe Core to build off of.

Pitching we have Olson, Bragg, Brockett and Benson.

We need a major infusion of talent.

Core is too busy trying to find a place to transfer to. I wouldn't plan on him returning unless his dad intervenes, big time. Kid is as dumb, academically, as a box of rocks & I wouldn't miss him one bit.

Entitlement issues by too many dudes that haven't accomplished a damn thing in college. And coach Bolt won't F around with attrition. Stay tuned for the fun...

Core is too busy trying to find a place to transfer to. I wouldn't plan on him returning unless his dad intervenes, big time. Kid is as dumb, academically, as a box of rocks & I wouldn't miss him one bit.

Entitlement issues by too many dudes that haven't accomplished a damn thing in college. And coach Bolt won't F around with attrition. Stay tuned for the fun...
Good to hear. 50-75% of the roster needs to go.

Total rebuild, but the sooner the better.

Oh the JUCO invasion is coming....

We'll replace at least 14 players, minimum. I can see upwards of 18-20. Keep in mind, McCarville is the only current guy without eligibility going forward.
I’m assuming we’ll see the exiting players hit the portal this weekend?

Any ideas how long it usually takes for the replacements to fully be onboard? I’m assuming a good number of the replacements are already known, but not official.

Current roster is 36 after the two have been dismissed. So 20 seems high even by my standards, 14 or so seems very reasonable.

I’m assuming we’ll see the exiting players hit the portal this weekend?

Any ideas how long it usually takes for the replacements to fully be onboard? I’m assuming a good number of the replacements are already known, but not official.

Replacements include guys already signed. We're looking for 2-4 more additions to the ones already signed.

Current roster is 36 after the two have been dismissed. So 20 seems high even by my standards, 14 or so seems very reasonable.

You might want to check all signees to enroll this fall, it's an extremely large number and we're still looking to add 2-4 more. 20 isn't high, at all.

To dive in a little deeper:

-2 (McCarville out of eligibility, Wessel focusing on school)

34 remain
+18 (2022 class enrolling this fall)
And we're still looking for 2-4 more

52 total:
We have to be at 35, with an option to 40 however, players 36-37-38-39-40 must be a covid lost year player.

Per omaha.com, there are 6 players that entered the portal today. Palmer, Banjoff, Bragg, Bradford, Mason & Steihl. I can confirm 5 others that won't be back for a total of 11.

52 - 11 = 41. We're still over the allowed amount, while we're looking to add to the current incoming class.

Last edited:
To dive in a little deeper:

-2 (McCarville out of eligibility, Wessel focusing on school)

34 remain
+18 (2022 class enrolling this fall)
And we're still looking for 2-4 more

52 total:
We have to be at 35, with an option to 40 however, players 36-37-38-39-40 must be a covid lost year player.

Per omaha.com, there are 6 players that entered the portal today. Palmer, Banjoff, Bragg, Bradford, Mason & Steihl. I can confirm 5 others that won't be back for a total of 11.

52 - 11 = 41. We're still over the allowed amount, while we're looking to add to the current incoming class.
This is just my opinion: Many of the kids are leaving because they do not want to play for Bolt.

Anyone who puts someone in the outfield for defense that is not a proven player (used for dh only!) should look at his own faults.

Last edited:

Bradford and Bragg surprise me, the rest not so much.

Next year the only proven pitchers we will have are Olson and Frank (assuming Koty returns and Shay doesn’t). Ornelas, Brockett, Bensen and Hood have seen action, but not likely to be one’s to really improve the team. Brockett can be a midweek starter and Ornelas can be a quality middle reliever.

Bats returning are Max, Brice, and GA. Maybe we get Colby and Griff to come back.

Really need a lot of the incoming players to be good from the start. This past class was pretty much a dud. Surprising given how highly it was ranked.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back