• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers get new 2025 recruit

gazelle

Recruit
2 Year Member
Middle blocker Manaia Ogbechie is now a future Husker. She changed her commit from Northwestern. I confess I know nothing about her. I know ever since they lost 2025 recruit Ames to Texas, Nebraska has been anxious to get another middle blocker. In 2025 Allick will be a senior and Jackson will be a junior, so we will need a freshman in order to not have a gap.

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-...all-adds-2025-middle-blocker-manaia-ogbechie/

I read that she has participated in The USA Volleyball National Team Development Program (NTDP), which means she has been recognized for her potential. From the article, it seems like her block is ahead of her offense, which I take as a positive.
2025 is now a big class with 5 commitments, a setter, a DS, an OH, an Opp, and now a middle. They will fill for Lexi, Kennedi, Lindsay, Merritt, and our new grad transfer Blackwell.

I read that she has participated in The USA Volleyball National Team Development Program (NTDP), which means she has been recognized for her potential. From the article, it seems like her block is ahead of her offense, which I take as a positive.
2025 is now a big class with 5 commitments, a setter, a DS, an OH, an Opp, and now a middle. They will fill for Lexi, Kennedi, Lindsay, Merritt, and our new grad transfer Blackwell.
I don't think Ogbechie was even on our radar until Ayden Ames defected to Texas late in the 2025 recruiting process. I think this is Cook scrambling to find a back-up option. Of course, maybe Ogbechie will turn out to be a great player. We have been spoiled recently with a string of great middle blockers including Stivrins, Hord, Allick, and Jackson. It would be nice to keep that string going.

I don't think Ogbechie was even on our radar until Ayden Ames defected to Texas late in the 2025 recruiting process. I think this is Cook scrambling to find a back-up option. Of course, maybe Ogbechie will turn out to be a great player. We have been spoiled recently with a string of great middle blockers including Stivrins, Hord, Allick, and Jackson. It would be nice to keep that string going.
Jaylen knows her, she can touch 10'6; possibly a surprise Cook had in his back pocket. She comes from a volleyball family.

When the 2026 class commits in June, it will be interesting to see who Nebraska adds as middles.

When the 2026 class commits in June, it will be interesting to see who Nebraska adds as middles.
I agree. In 2026 as right now, we will only have 2 middles on the roster, Jackson and Ogbechie. I imagine getting a great middle will be high on the needs list.

Allick will be a senior next year. Her eligibility will be used up and she will not be available for the 2026 season.
“Next” year might be misunderstood. She is a junior for the fall 2024 season, and a senior for the 2025 season. So as you say, she is not eligible in 2026.

“Next” year might be misunderstood. She is a junior for the fall 2024 season, and a senior for the 2025 season. So as you say, she is not eligible in 2026.
Yes, in my original post I was referring to who would be available in 2026. Allick will not be available, unless at some point in 2024 or 2025 she gets injured and takes a medical redshirt. I certainly hope that doesn't happen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back