• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers and the 2019 NFL Draft

We got fed fake crab & were made to believe that it was lobster. Just remember the name behind all of this epic failure that comulated in the first draft in 57 years that a Husker is not selected, is none other than the infamous HARVEY PERLMAN.......! Thanks Harvey, just another chapter in your book titled "How to meddle in an organization instead of leading & how you can totally destroy it". If they EVER name a building or put up a statue of him it will be a sad day.

Probably not the appropriate thread for it but no one is more responsible for the decline of Nebraska football over the last 20 years than Perlman. Think of how much university money he squandered by renewing Steve Pederson's contract (who then extended Callahan) and then firing him shortly after because he wasn't paying attention to the toxic environment Pederson was creating in the athletics dept. Think of how much he wasted sticking by Eichorst, who he swore by, and letting him surreptitiously extend Riley's contract months before he was fired. He didn't put the right people in place to pick Nebraska's head coaches over the last two decades and that's why we're in this mess. I was sad to see Hank Bounds step down - he did great work hiring Moos and seemed hellbent on restoring Husker athletics. (exhales) okay rant over.

Just remember the name behind all of this epic failure that comulated in the first draft in 57 years that a Husker is not selected, is none other than the infamous HARVEY PERLMAN.......! Thanks Harvey, just another chapter in your book titled "How to meddle in an organization instead of leading & how you can totally destroy it". If they EVER name a building or put up a statue of him it will be a sad day.

Unless it’s in the shape of a penis......

This is another indicator of how high of a hill HCSF and staff have to climb.

As Steve Sipple said in a piece posted just a few hours ago, "Alas, there's a silver lining in this otherwise embarrassing weekend for a proud program. That is, it might be a harsh reminder for some Nebraska fans that the program under Frost won't just easily snap back into winning nine games per season".

This is another indicator of how high of a hill HCSF and staff have to climb.

As Steve Sipple said in a piece posted just a few hours ago, "Alas, there's a silver lining in this otherwise embarrassing weekend for a proud program. That is, it might be a harsh reminder for some Nebraska fans that the program under Frost won't just easily snap back into winning nine games per season".

Agreed; we need 2-3 more years of solid recruiting and development in order to dig out of this enormous crap hole left by previous “coaches” and “administration”.

Last edited:
No doubt... almost like there is more to the story. Not saying that is the case, but it just seems really odd...especially Morgan.

This is my question for someone in the know, @ShortSideOption ?

All we see in pre draft articles is that he is a possible 3rd to 5th round guy. Is that what Morgan is being told, hoping? Is he having a big party on the 2nd and 3rd day of the draft because he is expecting to get a call, or does he get some real feedback somewhere that says most likely he will be an UDFA signing?

This is my question for someone in the know, @ShortSideOption ?

All we see in pre draft articles is that he is a possible 3rd to 5th round guy. Is that what Morgan is being told, hoping? Is he having a big party on the 2nd and 3rd day of the draft because he is expecting to get a call, or does he get some real feedback somewhere that says most likely he will be an UDFA signing?
Not entirely sure, him and Oz were good enough to get drafted. But Oz didn’t do it consistently enough could be his reason. If I’m searching for a reason Stan didn’t get drafted, it could be for him falling on a sword for his teammate and getting a ticket despite never failing a drug test and teams looking at that as a negative rather than a positive. Feel like I’m reaching on that one tho.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back