• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers add 6'6" guard Shamiel Stevenson from Nevada!

Now Let's Get him Eligible immediately! :nod:

If he doesn't get the waiver, when will he be eligible? My understanding is if he stayed at Nevada, he wouldn't be eligible until December (or second semester) since he transferred mid-season from Pittsburgh. Does that mean he has to sit out until December 2020 now?

If he doesn't get the waiver, when will he be eligible? My understanding is if he stayed at Nevada, he wouldn't be eligible until December (or second semester) since he transferred mid-season from Pittsburgh. Does that mean he has to sit out until December 2020 now?
Would think that worst case he would be eligible Fall 2020, but could be waivered to Fall 2019 eligibility because 2 coaching changes. Or Might have to wait until end of Fall Semester 2019. Would be odd if he became eligible sooner because he transferred twice, but I bet that's what happens.

Would think that worst case he would be eligible Fall 2020, but could be waivered to Fall 2019 eligibility because 2 coaching changes. Or Might have to wait until end of Fall Semester 2019. Would be odd if he became eligible sooner because he transferred twice, but I bet that's what happens.

Yeah, this one could be a little interesting. If we get him for any time in 2019, then that'd be fantastic.

My understanding is he would be eligible after the first semester without a waiver. That is he is already eligible either late Dec 2019, or early Jan 2020. (and have 2 1/2 seasons of eligibility left, 3 seasons if a waiver is granted)
Stevenson only played in four games as a sophomore at Pittsburgh, so he was able to retain that season of eligibility following his transfer to Nevada. As of now, he would have to sit out until the end of the 2019 fall semester in December before becoming eligible at NU.

Considering his changed schools twice after two unexpected coaching changes, though, there’s a legitimate chance Stevenson could be awarded a waiver to be immediately eligible for the start of the 2019-20 season.

He will have at least two seasons of eligibility at Nebraska.
https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/huskers-land-commitment-from-transfer-stevenson

Last edited:

Career Stats
See All
Stats
2018-19
2017-18
GP MPG FG% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2018-2019 4 8.0 58.3 0.0 1.8 0.3 0.3 0.8 0.8 0.8 3.8
2017-2018 32 23.8 50.5 60.7 4.4 1.0 0.3 0.5 1.6 2.3 8.5

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back