• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Track & Field

Husker Men Repeat as B1G Champions; Three Huskers Add Titles

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210752690

IQWFWVESRJULGKO.20160227224246.jpg

CONGRATS!!! GREAT JOB GUYS!!!! :woohoo:

This conference championship is Coach Gary Pepin's 71st Conference Championship in his 36 years at Nebraska. Think about that.

He does get more opportunities (than other sports) considering he is the head coach for both the men's and women's teams, and they all compete in both an indoor and outdoor season. So he gets four shots at it each year, but still... very impressive.

If you garner the talent, indoor or outdoor, you will be very successful!

Again, congrats to the team and the coaches. :thumbsup: :bow: :cheers:

Husker men do it again. This time they win the outdoor B1G championship by a huge margin.

It's Coach Pepin's 5th championship since joining the B1G and his 72nd career conference championship.

Congrats!!!

Husker men do it again. This time they win the outdoor B1G championship by a huge margin.

It's Coach Pepin's 5th championship since joining the B1G and his 72nd career conference championship.

Congrats!!!

And both Davis brothers scored points in the discus. I am too lazy to go back and look it up but I think Khalil was 3rd and Carlos 6th. Excellent results for true freshmen who aren't training specifically for the discus.

And both Davis brothers scored points in the discus. I am too lazy to go back and look it up but I think Khalil was 3rd and Carlos 6th. Excellent results for true freshmen who aren't training specifically for the discus.

Both have the talent to continue to do well. You were close with Carlos as he was 7th.

2017 Husker Men are Dual Meet National Champions according to the Track & Field News final rankings.

Congrats Coach Peppin and everyone associated with the program.

The Nebraska men's track and field team officially earned its first ever dual meet national championship as determined by Track & Field News magazine on Tuesday.

The Husker men finished off a perfect 15-0 indoor and outdoor dual meet record after winning the team title at the Red Raider Shootout in Lubbock, Texas on Friday. With a decisive win over the then-No. 3 Red Raiders, the Huskers extended their streak to 20 straight dual meet wins dating back to 2001. In that span, the Huskers have beaten 53 opponents.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211580714

The T&FN definition of a dual meet is “a scored meet among 4 or fewer teams”, and Gary Pepin’s Huskers ran through 5 quadrangulars. That’s virtually unheard of among “Power 5” conference teams in the 21st century, but Pepin has led the Nebraska program since 1980.

Nebraska’s win is also the first official dual meet championship in Big 10 history (the last unofficial win would have been by one of Harry Gill’s Illinois teams in the 1920s).

https://trackandfieldnews.com/index...8-2017-final-outdoor-dual-meet-men-s-rankings

2017 Husker Men are Dual Meet National Champions according to the Track & Field News final rankings..

Wow, that is fantastic!! I have always thought that dual meets are a much better gauge of how good a track team is. The championship meets are really just an all-star contest. You can win a conference or national championship with just a few great athletes who can score in multiple events. In dual meets you have to have depth.

We're number One! :Huskerflag:

Woo Hoo! :happyrun::dancer::corn2::huskerflag::banana::thecreedsign::clap::cheer2::hooray::woohoo2:

The emojis have changed. You'll have to check them out. I had the same problem a while back, but I laid the mouse on them, to see what changes had to be made.

For example: :woohoo: is now :Woohoo2: Woohoo2, with colons

check it out. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back