• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Husker/Sports Man Cave

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulletForMyHuskers

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I put this in the football forum b/c well...it sort of relates to football. If a mod feels that this should be moved, then feel free to do so!

My wife and I close and move into our first house in a couple days. It has a finished basement, which is where my man cave will be located.

I need some suggestions/recommendations/advice from you fine, experienced men on how to furnish this man cave. Husker Fat Head? Husker clock? multiple TVs? Keginator? Fridge? Other stuff I can't think of? Keep it one theme, such as only Huskers or mix and match Chiefs(My favorite NFL team) and Huskers and former Husker players that are in NFL now or retired? I am mainly going to have trouble finding things to hang up on the wall that don't look ridiculous I think.

Any help from you guys is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :stickouttongue::wave:

The first thing to do his find a picture of your wife that she likes, put it in a red frame and hang it in the center of one of the walls.

Fill it up with anything and everything Husker. Make sure you have a big enough TV too. Fat head, helmets, clocks, Posters, etc. More the better. What color will the room be? Oh and most important part, DONT FORGET THE FRIDGE Stocked with your favorite beverage!!!

Last edited:

The first thing to do his find a picture of your wife that she likes, put it in a red frame and hang it in the center of one of the walls.

Ha, I'll definitely run that by her. She may not want a picture of herself incorporated with everything else. She may just say it will look out of place and would look dumb to just have a picture of her along with other Husker stuff. She is just like that. Then again, she may love the idea and I'd get +10 brownie points.

Fill it up with anything and everything Husker. Make sure you have a big enough TV too. Fat head, helmets, clocks, Posters, etc. More the better. What color will the room be? Oh and most important part, DONT FORGET THE FRIDGE Stocked with you favorite beverage!!!

Yeah, I have a 40" Sony Bravia. Am I going to have to upgrade to a larger screen? Should I mount one? two? Should I mount one and leave another down on a TV stand? Only go with one? So many possibilities!

Ha, I'll definitely run that by her. She may not want a picture of herself incorporated with everything else. She may just say it will look out of place and would look dumb to just have a picture of her along with other Husker stuff. She is just like that. Then again, she may love the idea and I'd get +10 brownie points.

Get a picture of her with anything Husker -- TO, Bo, a player, standing at Memorial Stadium and then hang it up.

Check out Ebay.... sometimes you can find some pretty cool vintage stuff there. I've bought plenty of cool things there that you can't find at any Husker store. It also makes for good conversation pieces with things that nobody else has.

Get a picture of her with anything Husker -- TO, Bo, a player, standing at Memorial Stadium and then hang it up.

I am not sure if I can find any of those types of pictures laying around. Will definitely have to be at the Spring game or first game next year that we get a picture together and get a photo hung up!

Check out Ebay.... sometimes you can find some pretty cool vintage stuff there. I've bought plenty of cool things there that you can't find at any Husker store. It also makes for good conversation pieces with things that nobody else has.

Absolutely. I haven't checked eBay. I have checked all the normal and generic stores like Kohls, Bed Bath and Beyond, Wal-mart, etc. I'll check out eBay tonight.

Here's mine if you need ideas...not done yet... Just built the house...

2011-08-10_21 14 23.jpg2011-08-10_21 14 52.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back