• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Scout Team

Banton is pretty good guys. His length will give backcourts some trouble. I have zero doubts that he is giving Burke/Thor/Green in practice. He can guard 1-4, too.

Walker is probably just a load to hand inside. I don’t expect him to play much next year if Yvan and Cross are back. I bet he he gives a pretty physical presence in practice. He’s played high-major AAU ball and has been-there-done-that with a really good Tennessee team. Even if he doesn’t contribute much, that’s a guy you don’t mind in your roster.

Stevenson has to be a load as well. That’s a big boy who can score inside-out. Porter and Pike are decent enough walk-one. But yeah, I’m thinking Banton is putting on a clinic.

Basketball has such a high turnover rate, who knows who leaves or stays at this point. As it sits now, the rotation looks like Mack, Burke, Thor, Banton, Teddy, Yvan, Cross, and Stevenson. That’s not bad if Cross and Yvan develop.

NU will significantly underachieve if Walker isn't able to beat out either, if not both of those two. They are not at his level. (or wouldn't be getting beat in practice this year)

NU will significantly underachieve if Walker isn't able to beat out either, if not both of those two. They are not at his level. (or wouldn't be getting beat in practice this year)
I think Yvan will be much better next year... apparently a pretty smart kid that's going through a trial by fire as a 17 year old freshman. Maybe he's pushed out of the way at center, but I doubt it. I would think it is more likely that both Walker and Yvan play at the same time some. Yvan is getting beat a lot this year as he learns. I think it will be different the second time around for him.

I recall a similar story from early in Fred’s ISU tenure. I’ll see if I can google-fu it...

Not yet.

Royce White (Big12 ROY in ‘12)and Chris Babb sat out 10-11 on transfer, as did A Booker. I think it was Royce that Fred talked about beating up on the starters.

Last edited:

Not if they develop. Cross had 17 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists in 21 minutes last night. There are things he has to work on, but I think he has a relatively high ceiling. Yvan is 17 so there is a lot of mental and physical growing yet to do for him. I’m guessing Walker is ahead of Yvan right now. I don’t think he’s going to score a lot of points here, so it’s more of a defensive/rebounding edge.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back