• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Scout Team

Maybe they need to play. Can they shoot free throws? :Giggle:
Not eligible, or redshirting. And yes, some of them can shoot free throws.

Banton is going to be fun to watch - I heard Hoiberg say he's like a faster Thor - both have great sense of the basketball floor and how to make themselves available in the offense. Hoiberg was thinking that Banton might be a point guard, don't know what he's thinking now.

Also the scout team is a little bigger:

Banton: 6'8". 195
Walker: 6'8", 235
Stevenson: 6'6", 245
Porter: 6'6", 215
Piatkowski: 6'4", 175

Last edited:

So, what are the guesses on who will not be part of next year's Husker team that would still have eligibility?

So, what are the guesses on who will not be part of next year's Husker team that would still have eligibility?
I'm guessing Kavas and Cheatham will not be back. :) I don't know about Jervay Green, but he's beginning to get back into the rotation. For the walk-ons, I think Easley wants to be at Nebraska, and Piatkowski and Porter are both legacies that will want to play at least a year. I don't know about Arop either, but would think he's going to stick around.

Curtis is already gone. I am not sure there will be any other defections, but Green and Arop are the most likely. Maybe maybe Burke could look to play somewhere his final season where he is the main threat, but he'd have to drop out of the P5 to do that - who knows.

I'm guessing Kavas and Cheatham will not be back. :) I don't know about Jervay Green, but he's beginning to get back into the rotation. For the walk-ons, I think Easley wants to be at Nebraska, and Piatkowski and Porter are both legacies that will want to play at least a year. I don't know about Arop either, but would think he's going to stick around.

Curtis is already gone. I am not sure there will be any other defections, but Green and Arop are the most likely. Maybe maybe Burke could look to play somewhere his final season where he is the main threat, but he'd have to drop out of the P5 to do that - who knows.
You guess well.;)

With the way Green has handled this season, I would think he would be back. I know that I hope he is.

Banton is pretty good guys. His length will give backcourts some trouble. I have zero doubts that he is giving Burke/Thor/Green in practice. He can guard 1-4, too.

Walker is probably just a load to hand inside. I don’t expect him to play much next year if Yvan and Cross are back. I bet he he gives a pretty physical presence in practice. He’s played high-major AAU ball and has been-there-done-that with a really good Tennessee team. Even if he doesn’t contribute much, that’s a guy you don’t mind in your roster.

Stevenson has to be a load as well. That’s a big boy who can score inside-out. Porter and Pike are decent enough walk-one. But yeah, I’m thinking Banton is putting on a clinic.

Basketball has such a high turnover rate, who knows who leaves or stays at this point. As it sits now, the rotation looks like Mack, Burke, Thor, Banton, Teddy, Yvan, Cross, and Stevenson. That’s not bad if Cross and Yvan develop.

Last edited:
Walker is probably just a load to hand inside. I don’t expect him to play much next year if Yvan and Cross are back.
I hope for the team's sake Walker is good enough to push out Yvan. That spot is hugely deficient in rebounding and scoring.

Not eligible, or redshirting. And yes, some of them can shoot free throws.

Banton is going to be fun to watch - I heard Hoiberg say he's like a faster Thor - both have great sense of the basketball floor and how to make themselves available in the offense. Hoiberg was thinking that Banton might be a point guard, don't know what he's thinking now.

Also the scout team is a little bigger:

Banton: 6'8". 195
Walker: 6'8", 235
Stevenson: 6'6", 245
Porter: 6'6", 215
Piatkowski: 6'4", 175
6'8" 195 lbs ... is awfully skinny.

6'8" 195 lbs ... is awfully skinny.
He jumps over the basket though. Banton looked bigger than that at the start of the season when they showed the team doing S&C. Not sure I could find the pictures, but he'll be bigger next year. Don't want him to get slower, either.

Apparently you didn't read where I Said "that would still have eligibility " ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back