• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Opponent TCU Forefeits Two Games, Not Enough Players

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
Early season Husker opponent TCU just forefeited their next two games at #7 KSU and at #24 ISU. TCU didn't have enough players! They started the season undefeated, but are now 14-4, 1-4 in the Big-12. In their last game, TCU's PG sustained a season ending knee injury. TCU had 10 players get minutes in that game. I don't know what the threshold is for "not enough players" but I have to think it's less than nine.

KSU and ISU get two conference wins, and TCU gets two conference losses, but overall season records are not changed per NCAA rules, so I don't think this will impact Nebraska in the NET rabkings.

Wowzers!!! o_O

Didn't Bella Transfer to TCU? (Must have graduated by now)

TCU's Roster shows 14 players. Less Grad Student Jaden Owens out for the season with Knee injury, and Sedona Prince who has been out since suffering a broken finger Jan 3rd.

By contrast Huskers have 12 players on their roster, including Allison Weidner who is out for the season.

Wowzers!!! o_O

Didn't Bella Transfer to TCU? (Must have graduated by now)

TCU's Roster shows 14 players. Less Grad Student Jaden Owens out for the season with Knee injury, and Sedona Prince who has been out since suffering a broken finger Jan 3rd.

By contrast Huskers have 12 players on their roster, including Allison Weidner who is out for the season.

I never did find out more about this. I have to think that additional injuries/illnesses must have happened in practice. A team can't reasonably claim they don't have enough healthy players if their roster lists 14 players, 12 of them are apparently healthy, and 10 played in their last game. Even if some of TCU's remaining healthy players are walkons, they're still on the team and you shouldn't be able to decide to forfeit a game simply because your roster isn't very deep or talented.

I hope the Big-12 is investigating this, because to me it's a weird situation that makes TCU look really bad.

Edit: Yes, Bella graduated after last season. Not sure if she's playing professionally anywhere.

Last edited:
I never did find out more about this. I have to think that additional injuries/illnesses must have happened in practice. A team can't reasonably claim they don't have enough healthy players if their roster lists 14 players, 12 of them are apparently healthy, and 10 played in their last game. Even if some of TCU's remaining healthy players are walkons, they're still on the team and you shouldn't be able to decide to forfeit a game simply because your roster isn't very deep or talented.

I hope the Big-12 is investigating this, because to me it's a weird situation that makes TCU look really bad.

Edit: Yes, Bella graduated after last season. Not sure if she's playing professionally anywhere.
They had a couple get hurt in practice.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back