• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Husker Nation, welcome back to the Wonderful World of REX BURKHEAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we're going to be watching replays of some of his runs in the 4th quarter for years. It seemed the entire Iowa defense couldn't deny him.

I think we're going to be watching replays of some of his runs in the 4th quarter for years. It seemed the entire Iowa defense couldn't deny him.

Bingo! It was like watching a big black and yellow mass rolling down the field!!! :lol:

Last edited:
He's definitely replaced Suh at the top of my list. Good game Rex!

(What are the odds he becomes a arm-stomper and crotch-kicker at the next level? :confused:)

like I said at halftime on the game thread he was playing in the second half and I am so glad he did. Now we know what Rex means to this team.

Disclaimer: This is not a knock on AA.

We've had a lot of discussions on this board about whether AA is equal to Rex.

After today, the evidence is clear that there is NO equivalent to Rex Burkhead.

Everytime Rex ran it looks like a huge turtle draped in Iowa jerseys. I think the Iowa band jumped on him and he still carried them 6 yards. He's a BEAST!

like I said at halftime on the game thread he was playing in the second half and I am so glad he did. Now we know what Rex means to this team.

No doubt! And it's in no way a dig at Abdullah or Heard, as they have been outstanding.

Burkhead is a back like I've never seen before. It's as if he says "OK, I'm getting 7 yards on this play" and there's nothing short of an asteroid the size of Omaha landing on his head that will stop him from getting it. We may have had more purely gifted RBs at NU, but none of them were as much fun to watch. And none had the heart he has (and we've had some very high class RBs).

I'm trying to imagine him behind the lines from the 90s. What a show he would have put on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back