• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Helmets 2020 edition

When I visited my grand parents as a young child, they had no electricity or indoor pluming on the farm in the 1940s. I still remember when the added on to their house with a “modern” kitchen and bathroom with running water. I am not kidding.
I remember in the mid 70s when we came to visit my stepdad’s uncle in Alabama. I was probably 10 or 11, and I remember when we got in the house asking to go to the bathroom. His uncle pointed towards the back of the house and said “back yonder.”
(What the hell is a yonder I recall....)
So I followed “the point” and ended up at a dead end in the kitchen. Standing there confused for a second and he came back there pointing at the window to a “building” out in the backyard. And as Paul Harvey said, now you know the rest of the story. That was my 1st outhouse experience.
I remember thinking what in the
absolute _ _ _ _....

Last edited:
Did they have electricity when you were a kid..........
tudor_electric_football_TH.JPG

Yes. My antique football game. Vibrate field when turned on.

Frustrating game right off the bat. At least half of toy players showed a non-stop circular tight path. Dizzy and drunk as a skunk toy players. Keystone cops. It remind me of Huskers for the last few years.

Last edited:

Frustrating right off the bat. At least half of toy players showed a round and round tight path. Keystone cops. It remind me of Huskers for the last few years.

I never had one of those personally but some of my buddies did, and we loved that game. But it definitely had its disadvantages.

I remember in the mid 70s when we came to visit my stepdad’s uncle in Alabama. I was probably 10 or 11, and I remember when we got in the house asking to go to the bathroom. His uncle pointed towards the back of the house and said “back yonder.”
(What the hell is a yonder I recall....)
So I followed “the point” and ended up at a dead end in the kitchen. Standing there confused for a second and he came back there pointing at the window to a “building” out in the backyard. And as Paul Harvey said, now you know the rest of the story. That was my 1st outhouse experience.
I remember thinking what in the
absolute _ _ _ _....
When I was very young, I had heard various stories about the outhouse, so I knew the concept. But the first time user was still a different experience!. Looking back, I'm still thankful it was daylight outside! At that young age, nighttime or in the winter would not have been a very pleasant experience. :eek:

Frustrating right off the bat. At least half of toy players showed a round and round tight path. Keystone cops. It remind me of Huskers for the last few years.
When those face masks fog up there'll be more of that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back