• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker fans

I was in attendance Saturday night and the crowd was engaged and loud in the first half and at times throughout, but what struck me was how many people weren't doing anything. It's impossible to put numbers to the whole stadium, but it looked like at least a third of the section I was in and the sections I could see weren't clapping, yelling, cheering but rather just kind of stood or sat. I understand the hooting, hollering and general noise making isn't in everyone's wheelhouse, but Memorial Stadium would be a nightmare if the remaining group did something.

I tried to make up for it and my voice this morning sounds like a cross between Froggy from Little Rascals and Nick Nolte in 48 Hours. It is an improvement through. Yesterday was more like Charlie Chaplin.

This is what I can't understand. Did those folks come to watch a ballet, or what?

In fact, that's what made me pony up the dough to join HM. Following the NW game in 2012, when we got down 1 or 2 scores and the crowd just died (even though 35000 of them traveled to Evanston presumably to support the Huskers).

I get that the team has to find the fortitude within themselves, regardless of fan support. But there are definitely games where the fans can make the difference between a W and a L. Why do you think they call it a home field advantage?

Last edited:

As the team and program get better and get back to winning, the fan interaction will follow. There's nothing I hate more than manufactured fan interaction. Let the product on the field dictate the fans involvement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back