• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Husker fans came out of the woodwork in Pasadena....but this? Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliCorn

Recruit
5 Year Member
This kind of helped me forget about the loss for a bit. Wife and I had just left our hotel Sunday morning, and were on the 210 freeway heading home. All of a sudden, the traffic in front of us came to a complete stop (normal), with a police car among them with his lights flashing (normal). At this point we're rougly 50 yards behind the stopped traffic and I slowed down to 5 or 10 mph trying to see what the hold up was. Then, out of nowhere, a frigg'n bear hurdles the waste high concrete median/barrier, after just crossing 3 lanes of eastbound traffic (normal?). After his gold medal hurdle, he lands and takes a couple of steps close to our inside lane, and looks right at us in the car. Immediatley my wife says, "he's looking both ways before crossing the street". Seriously, that is exactly what it looked like he was doing(normal?). Once the coast was clear (it wasn't too clear really) he darts accross the other 2 lanes maybe 15 yards in front of us straight up a hill and into what appeared to be backyards. Turns out he had been on the run for an hour and a half before our encounter, and the police had traffic stopped ahead thinking he was crossing there, but to our amazement, he crossed behind them and right in front of us! Very cool sight for this one time small town NE boy. Sorry for such a long post/description, but it was the first bear I've seen outside of the zoo walls. Found the article below on line, looks like they caught and released him back into the mountains...he looked hungry.....maybe we should have invited him to the HM tailgate, there was plenty of tasty food to go around that's for sure, but I don't think I would have shared my shade tree with him (normal).....prob not.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_21501253/wandering-bear-prompts-brief-closure-210-freeway

GBR!

My sister, who lives in Pasadena hills, has a bear or two come into her neighborhood over the 25 years she has lived there...cool story none-the-less...:)

We left Saturday night on the same 210...so I missed all of the fun...:) :)

Does the bear have any eligibility left? I bet he'd make an awesome defensive lineman.

(we just need to find a way to convince the opposing quarterback to stuff his pockets with fish or something...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back