• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Conference Realignment Scenario

Does Nebraska join a 20-team SEC?

• No, because we get a lot of advantages from the B1G and this conference is solid.

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • No, because the culture of the SEC goes against everything we stand for

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Yes, because the SEC is clearly the conference on the rise and this ensures survival.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Yes, we don’t really fit in the B1G and at least the SEC didn’t try to cancel football last year

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
If and I stress if because of Karen Warren, we can pull in USC and Notre Dame that could make the BIG stay relevant money wise. Notre Dane had to be wondering where this is going. If the SEC and ESPN have control they could very easily exclude Notre Dane if the Irish refused to join. I don’t think the academic Catholic people want to be in the SEC and the ACC doesn’t really look stable. Honestly the ACC and PAC look like the big twelve did. They are on their way out. Anyone that disagrees with that isn’t paying attention to the almighty dollar. That is all that matters period. Nothing else seems to be in play. No one cares who’s winning the last five or six years. Just look at Iowa St. No one wants them. That actually kind of makes me smile. Pollard threw shade at Nebraska and now his university is going to be left out.
yes sir...you're one smart dude.

I don't think OSU or Michigan will make that move. They're in a conference right now where they have so much influence. Being the new guys in the SEC will take away much if their stature and infkuence.
Could very well be true...yet rumors are flouting around like wild fires...where all end up this year doesn't mean it does not change next year.

Could very well be true...yet rumors are flouting around like wild fires...where all end up this year doesn't mean it does not change next year.
That's very true. It's getting pretty crazy and unsettling for me as a fan.

Why, at this point in time, would any conference want Nebraska? Academically or athletically. I doubt that bowling and volleyball bring that many views.

Why, at this point in time, would any conference want Nebraska? Academically or athletically. I doubt that bowling and volleyball bring that many views.
Because they are still a valuable commodity. Because they still have huge viewership around the country. Because every metric used shows they are still too 25 in generating revenue. People 30 and older still remember what Nebraska was. They still tune in.

GET TICKETS

Back