• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Captains Announced

I'm a bit surprised with Vokolek -- but I like it. He probably is the most veteran on offense, so it does make sense.

Probably not too surprising the defense has three of the four captains. I've seen more leadership shown on that side of the ball.

The offense will need Thompson to step up and act like a captain, even if he is not. I think that's one of Casey's strong suits.

I'm a bit surprised with Vokolek -- but I like it. He probably is the most veteran on offense, so it does make sense.

Probably not too surprising the defense has three of the four captains. I've seen more leadership shown on that side of the ball.

The offense will need Thompson to step up and act like a captain, even if he is not. I think that's one of Casey's strong suits.

He is very vocal leader according to teammates

Thus not a surprise for me based on that

Players chosen obviously were guys who have been here and been through the grind for a few years

Guys like Thompson and Mathis would have been good choices too but I think the team voted on the long term proven guys

Which makes sense

Every year I pick my favorite husker for the season, and hands down this year it's Nelson. He's everything you could want in a home grown football player and is quite deserving of this honor.
He's a great kid, with good parents whom I know pretty well. I am looking forward to Brock Knutson joining the team as he is cut from a similar mold.

I agree. QBs are leaders of some kind either way so I don't really care if they're not captains usually. And not forcing they be is a good thing. Especially like this when they're a new transfer.

I think for a healthy team it's more important to have captains the players already know are the natural leaders and follow.

This looks like a good group.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back