• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hurse Puts Up Astounding Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
2012 recruit....another Sproles or James (Oregon)?

Free Content....

New Haven (Ind.) running back Te'vaughn Hurse rushed for nearly 3,000 yards this year. Not bad for his first varsity season right?

How does a kid who rushed for almost 3,000 yards still go under the radar?
New Haven's Te'Vaughn Hurse may not play for a powerhouse high school, but that does not make the 2,946 yards and 35 touchdowns he rushed for this season any less significant.

It was a season he had waited for, as he did not play as a sophomore.

"Last year I was academically ineligible from my freshman year," he said. "I had to work through school. I couldn't play, but I went out and practiced and kept good relationships with the coaches."

So was he surprised at his success?

"It was kind of 50-50, because some stuff I knew I was going to do. I told myself I would, because most of it was because I had a great team around me. It was so much fun. I enjoyed it a whole lot."

It is early and word is just getting out about the 5'7, 177-lb back, but there are some schools beginning to recruit him.

"I heard that Northwestern was, Northern Illinois, and I just got word that Purdue and Ball State have been sending me stuff in the mail along with some D2 schools."

Hurse, who was recently timed at 4.45 in the forty yard dash, also runs track and recorded a 10.81 100m dash and was on an All-State 4x1 team, also has one Big 12 school he would like to hear from.

"Nebraska. I like Bo Pelini. I like his style."
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1027237.html

So I'm guessing he is a Jr., correct? Those are amazing numbers no matter what school you are at. Is he on NU's radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back