• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hurricane Ian

SemperHusker

Practice Squad
2 Year Member
I don't care much for the sports teams in Florida but I'd ask that Husker Nation keep the folks down in the Sunshine State in their thoughts and prayers. Being a veteran of several hurricanes/typhoons in the past I can tell you that the devastation and long term effects of these storms are horrible. They're in for some tough times.

We have flooding already here in West Palm Beach. 11 Tornados last night with damage. The scary thing is that we have flooding already and the heavy stuff hasn’t arrived yet. Prayers for the people on the West Coast of Florida that will take a direct hit. It is two mph from a category 5 Hurricane. Looks like it hits around Port Charlotte Florida.

I don't care much for the sports teams in Florida but I'd ask that Husker Nation keep the folks down in the Sunshine State in their thoughts and prayers. Being a veteran of several hurricanes/typhoons in the past I can tell you that the devastation and long term effects of these storms are horrible. They're in for some tough times.
Thanks for the prayers. It is going to be much worse before it gets better. I had a two hour window this morning moving chickens to drier ground.

I have 2 very close friends that moved their in the last 2 months.

One in Parish (sp?) and the other in Cape Coral.

Aunt and Uncle live minutes from Fort Myers Beach. They've decided to ride it out with a couple bottles of wine and a bottle of rum. They're hoping for the best, but expecting the worse.

Aunt and Uncle live minutes from Fort Myers Beach. They've decided to ride it out with a couple bottles of wine and a bottle of rum. They're hoping for the best, but expecting the worse.

Just this second texted my buddy in Cape Coral. They are also riding it out. He said between 12 and 2 it is predicted to get really nasty there.

I have 2 very close friends that moved their in the last 2 months.

One in Parish (sp?) and the other in Cape Coral.
Praying for them. Hopefully they got out. They are right in the path as I am seeing on the tv right now.

Last edited:

It's odd I've been feeling nostalgic about living in Florida for a couple of months now. This might put those feelings back to bed for a bit. Stay safe down there everyone.

My recently married nephew's in-laws just moved to the St. Petersburg area. Arrived I believe about one month ago. My nephew's name is IAN!

My dad is in Naples and my sister is in Cape Coral. My wife had a cousin in Englwood. Been keeping an eye on things.

Man I miss Florida…

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back