• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How're we doing in Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merle

All Legend
15 Year Member
Dallas Morning News ( i use and quote them only when I find it convenient or advantageous) today published theirs and Rivals top 100 in the state of Texas. Notably, the Husksers have four commitments therein in the top 41 of the top 100 in Texas.
Lots of folks worrying about our future in Texas recruiting, so I thought this a bit interesting. Lets look at the top 41 athletes in Texas according to Rivals! Commitments as of 1/11/11.

School, No. of top

UT 14
OU 6
NU 4
Aggies 3
TT 3
Okie light 2
Baylor 1
Mizzou 0
KU 0
KSU 0
ISU 0
Colo 0

Other schools with at least one are Stanford, LSU, TCU and Arkansas.

I am very encouraged by this, I acknowledge I am not staitistically accurate in that I cut it off at 41. Nevertheless, we trail only UT and OU, which we have always trailed in Texas. Not too bad, so far.

Last edited:

Good stuff Merle. Our continued efforts in Texas is essential. It'll be interesting to see if we can keep that up in the coming years with our move to the new conference.

It is amazing we have more than TAMU. The school is only 90 minutes from the Houston area which is loaded with talent. Very impressive and thanks for the info.

When NU was in the big 8 and never played a game in Texas we still got Texas kids. I don't think us changing conferences is goiong to change that with the foothold our coaching staff has been able to create there. I think our coaches are well respected by the high school coaches they have come in contact with and in Texas the name of the game is winning over the high school coaches.

Kids will go to good programs and programs of notoriety regardless of where they're from. Being handy home usually helps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back