• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How will Scott handle the pressure to win this year?

What did he do in Rocky III? I just watched it the other day, again. Still great!
Eye of the tiger? You gotta get that edge man.
Haha OMG How can you NOT know!?? Love you, tho!!

Rocky got soft because of the money. Remember, Mickey told him that!!

"The worst thing happened to you that can happen to any fighter. You got civilized."

I mean... I am backing up your point!!

Last edited:
"So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive"

I'm not trying to be cheesy here. You are correct. Hey, Stallone is not a dumb man. He knew what he was talking about, and so do you.
I just think it’s very naive to think for one second every single coach out there kills himself like Saban, Meyer, Bellichek, Swinney do. There are more, but so many get complacent. Like, F it, fire me, I don’t care. There are a lot of those.

Haha OMG How can you NOT know!?? Love you, tho!!

Rocky got soft because of the money. Remember, Mickey told him that!!

"The worst thing happened to you that can happen to any fighter. You got civilized."

I mean... I am backing up your point!!
Yes but it also had to do with the weaker competition. The way he trained for Clubber the first time in that fancy hotel sums it up.

I just think it’s very naive to think for one second every single coach out there kills himself like Saban, Meyer, Bellichek, Swinney do. There are more, but so many get complacent. Like, F it, fire me, I don’t care. There are a lot of those.
I hear you! It's like the opposite of a life threatening situation, yet you still don't know what you would do. I still want to reiterate that having children and moving is just as stressful. Hmmm. More stressful, especially depending on on how the family is functioning.

Hell, Bob Stoops went thru the motions the last 5-6 years at OU. He was good enough to win the Big 12, but when you’ve made 80 million, how can you stay with your ass to the grind stone? He didn’t.

I hear you! It's like the opposite of a life threatening situation, yet you still don't know what you would do. I still want to reiterate that having children and moving is just as stressful. Hmmm. More stressful, especially depending on on how the family is functioning.
True that. Moving totally sucks. I just did it recently. Sucked.

In fairness, no coach will ever say that publicly. Bob Stoops got lax. Bo Pelini basically went thru the motions for 3 years. You work to make a living. Once you’re set, things change. I’m not saying or suggesting it’s this way for everyone. You see players, in all sports, sign lucrative contracts and suck, team still on the hook. Many in the upper echelon of sports, make more money in a few months, than many will see in a lifetime. Last I checked, they bleed red also. They are human. When you make $100,000 a week, you can get complacent, maybe not do that extra you did when you made $2000 a week as some assistant. It’s natural to do so. Again, not saying this is Frost, just that you see it often. To suggest the money doesn’t matter is absurd. It absolutely does. What I’m saying is, the sheer amount of money suffocates greatness oftentimes.
It happens. However, I don't think for a second that Frost has ever been of that mindset at NU and won't be this year. He didn't come here to get rich, he could have done that at plenty of other places.

It happens. However, I don't think for a second that Frost has ever been of that mindset at NU and won't be this year. He didn't come here to get rich, he could have done that at plenty of other places.
Not suggesting otherwise, but 35,000,000 can and does make many less hungry. Just saying.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back