• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How will Scott handle the pressure to win this year?

Dude, you just named like 6 coaches, out of how many hundred? Yes, I absolutely believe people lose motivation and interest when they become filthy rich. Hell, they are human. Players sign contracts all the time and don’t perform after they signed them. Happens often. Look around. Sure, some preform, but a majority don’t. Look at the NBA?

Actually i would say the majority do perform, however that performance may be at a lower level for many reasons. Age, injury, poorer team or system around them to name a couple. I think it would be extremely difficult to say the MAJORITY don't perform after signing contracts for a large sum of money.

None, he is rich and will never have to worry about money. Even if he never worked another day again. I’m not saying this is his problem, but too many coaches, and players get big money, and lose their hunger, desire. That’s why there are so few really great coaches and players. It’s almost natural. If someone handed me 35 million, I wouldn’t be motivated to go make more. It’s human nature. That’s multi generational money.

I will say this though, he would be the one who has to look in the mirror knowing he talked all that shitte, and never backed it up. That’s hard to carry around. Can he live with that?

I don't believe for a second that Frost doesn't feel pressure and isn't concerned with failing.

He's not 'I'm going to starve to death' kind of concerned like people who live paycheck to paycheck, but nobody with any sack at all wants to come home, the conquering hero, and lay an egg.

He feels pressure. Millions of dollars doesn't change that.

Actually i would say the majority do perform, however that performance may be at a lower level for many reasons. Age, injury, poorer team or system around them to name a couple. I think it would be extremely difficult to say the MAJORITY don't perform after signing contracts for a large sum of money.
Most of what you named aren’t making 3m+, and if they are, they will be fired at due time, and be paid to go away. Sometimes, it’s hard to keep to the grind, especially if you’re filthy rich. Riley and Pelini both didn’t grind it to the top of their ability. Bo did, for a while, then he hated his job and was waiting to be fired. Riley just sucks, period.

I don't believe for a second that Frost doesn't feel pressure and isn't concerned with failing.

He's not 'I'm going to starve to death' kind of concerned like people who live paycheck to paycheck, but nobody with any sack at all wants to come home, the conquering hero, and lay an egg.

He feels pressure. Millions of dollars doesn't change that.
I never said he wasn’t. But he has nothing to worry about except his own ego, which right now, looks pretty bad given what he has said.

You didn’t READ. Few remain motivated. That’s why there is so FEW great coaches! Many lose interest, and motivation.
Totally disagree that many coaches lose interest and motivation. I believe coaches/players that do are the minority. Bottom line most people in coaching are usually extremely competitive.

So Saban has made enough money and isn't motivated? Urban? I think they have probably both made a bunch more than SF, yet they seem to find a way not to lose their motivation

Agree with this and will add that "talent/ability" is also a key differentiator.

Just as there are players that are simply better than other players (even if the other players are paid more), the same applies to coaches. Some are just simply more talented and/or have more ability than others... and will for a long time.

And just as some five star recruits struggle/fail at the next level, so do some promising coaches fail to meet expectations.

We can only hope that Frost's ceiling is high, and that he has the ability and mentorship to improve his performance/results. He may not end up being the "elite" coach that some thought he was, but he can still be a good (maybe even great) coach that provides Husker Fans with a team that produces results they (and he) can be proud of.

Last edited:
He's probably on the hot seat (I know some 5 years for sure) but if things implode again I'm betting he's gone. He needs to win ALL the OOC games (exception OU) and BEAT teams we really should be beating. Start off losing to IL and things could unravel and get very ugly imo. Every game won will decrease the amount of pressure he's going to be under.
He is my all time favorite Husker,but another losing season and I think his days as Husker head coach are limited.Jmo.Hope his team turns the corner and wins the close games we have been losing lately.Keep the faith.GBR.

How much pressure is there really when you get paid millions no matter what? Sign me up!

This. Seeing how coaches get hired for millions of dollars and then have multiple losing seasons, I could do that. An 0-12 season or two and I walk away with a couple million dollars. Tell me where to sign up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back