• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How to receive network tv

HayBroncSker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
This year I went to Sling TV with B1G Network. I got about half the Husker games. Some were on ESPN or network TV that I do not have. I will not be going back to Sling due to the limited number of games I actually got to see. What is everyone using to stream B1G and how do you get the local network tv stations. I don't watch enough TV to get a big package of 100s of stations. I'd just like to see the Huskers and some bowl games this time of year. I just need an answer by August. Thanks for the help!

Might get a better response if in football forum. I'm interested in the responses as I want to get away from tradition cable this year and would like to hear what the best setups are and approx cost.

I switched from Dish to YoutubeTV about 2 years ago now. THE BEST decision I ever made. Unlimited DVR, local channels, B1G network and have never had issues streaming. Basic plan covers what you would want. $65/ month if I recall. (I'm a little higher as I have a couple add ons like HBO, etc...)

I went with Hulu Live and didn't miss any games. I'm not as familiar with FuboTV but I think with either Hulu Live or Youtube TV, you'd get every game.

If you don't want to pay $70ish a month, just order during football season and then cancel.

We did the Direct TV stream on a ROKU stick. Get all the channels that I had with the dish for 1/2 price and no storm outages. Get NETFLIX free because we use T-mobile and the Amazon TV stuff because my wife has a shopping problem. :oops:

My folks use FuboTV on a Roku, I have DIRECTV Stream on the DIRECTV device. Both work well. I have run into some issues with the "DVR" parts of DIRECTV because it's program based recording (instead of time based) so going over time in a football game makes the recording wonky. I know they are working to fix this.

DIRECTV Satellite is still the best solution, but it is much more expensive.

We did the Direct TV stream on a ROKU stick. Get all the channels that I had with the dish for 1/2 price and no storm outages. Get NETFLIX free because we use T-mobile and the Amazon TV stuff because my wife has a shopping problem. :oops:

Same here.. Dtv Streaming now.. I am only doing that because the wife has to have her guide a certain way... as close to cable as possible.

Tried YouTube TV, Sling, Hulu+, Fubo tv... Sling's guide SUCKS. YouTube TV was pretty good, but still not to get liking!

The bad thing about Dtv Streaming is it is still to damn high, but that is the price I pay for getting married. :cool:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back