• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Scott Frost is transforming Nebraska (ESPN)

Absolutely love the player quotes:

"You can see the energy of the team," linebacker Alex Davis said of the spring. "Everybody was bonding. It's a beautiful thing."

"Compete, compete, compete," Neal said. "He tells us every day, you've got to treat this process like it's your last day of living."

"We're not where we want to be," receiver Tyjon Lindsey said, "but we're on the road."

"Coach Frost has said this is just one step in the right direction, and I'm right there with him," Martinez said after the spring game. "I think we have a ways to go. But I'm excited about that direction we're going."

I still get the feeling that a lot of people don't fully grasp the magnitude of what Frost did at UCF. From 0-12 to 13-0 in two years???

He came in and increased the win total by 6 in year one, and by another 6 in year two. There's absolutely no reason not to believe he will increase the Huskers win total by 6 this fall.

Frost himself does say "Sometimes you get impatient as a coach and think that it's going to happen overnight," Frost said. "And it's not."

I'm very optimistic about the direction of the program but would just say that we should slow down and enjoy the process. It might take some time.

I still get the feeling that a lot of people don't fully grasp the magnitude of what Frost did at UCF. From 0-12 to 13-0 in two years???

He came in and increased the win total by 6 in year one, and by another 6 in year two. There's absolutely no reason not to believe he will increase the Huskers win total by 6 this fall.

There's plenty of reasons to believe we won't increase our win total by six.

I'm not saying he won't increase the win total by 6+, he may well. I personally, really don't know how many wins NU will have. I'm certain the team will go bowling and will look better and better as the season moves forward. I don't even really think wins are that important in year one. I'd just caution and say, Nebraska doesn't play in the AAC, and it has been dealt one of the nations toughest schedules. I hope you're spot on.

Last edited:

You left out 'realism'.
No I didn't. I am a total realist when it comes to Frost. Others are either pessimistic or scarred from the past three years. Which is totally understandable. One of the most enjoyable things that I'm looking forward to next season will be watching so many Husker fans having epiphanies.

No I didn't. I am a total realist when it comes to Frost. Others are either pessimistic or scarred from the past three years. Which is totally understandable. One of the most enjoyable things that I'm looking forward to next season will be watching so many Husker fans having epiphanies.

So you're on the books for 10 wins this fall?

Wow.

I'm not pessimistic, scarred, jaded nor will I be getting a Frost tattoo on my ass any time soon. I think he's the right guy to turn the program around but one well attended scrimmage isn't enough for me to declare this team a 10 win team. Improved and improving? Yes. 10 wins is there. Nebraska isn't 'there' yet.

By the way, great article in the OP.

So you're on the books for 10 wins this fall?

Wow.

I'm not pessimistic, scarred, jaded nor will I be getting a Frost tattoo on my ass any time soon. I think he's the right guy to turn the program around but one well attended scrimmage isn't enough for me to declare this team a 10 win team. Improved and improving? Yes. 10 wins is there. Nebraska isn't 'there' yet.

By the way, great article in the OP.
There's a LOT more to my opinion than one well attended scrimmage. I was actually kind of disappointed in the scrimmage. I expected to see more tempo and more enthusiasm.

But I think Frost planned it that way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back