• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How on earth, is Nebraska

What was the O/U for Nebraska's win total prior to last season? I can't recall exactly -- other than the Huskermax Koolaid Corral members were -- as always -- convinced the over was a lock. :Lol:

The FPI for Nebraska wasn't too bad last season. #35 in the preseason. Overrated, but at least they weren't dumb enough to rate us like most polls did. Granted, last year's preseason FPI sucked in many other ways -- Stanford #24, Florida State #22, UCLA #21, Missouri #20, South Carolina #19 -- the FPI seems to be horrible in/near that 20-25 range! Yikes! :Eek::eek:

I think it was either 5.5 or 6 wins. It wasn't very high. Didn't NU finish around the mid 40's in FPI last season?

I think all of our games are winnable.

I think all of our games are loseable.

I am guessing somewhere in between. I know one thing for sure though, I am not going to lose sleep over this at least until we get into September.

True, BUT, I don't think many of us can handle another season of buying the hype only to have it be a dumpster fire. I think a wait and see approach is healthy for our fan base. Many realize it could happen and have faith in Frost to eventually get us there, but there's no substantial evidence that it will happen at this point. I thought I was being a realist when I set the bar at 8 wins last year, boy was I wrong.
I have zero problems with a wait and see approach. I think that's only wise. I'd also add that the wait and see approach seems to be pretty consistent across the fanbase this year.

I think it was either 5.5 or 6 wins. It wasn't very high. Didn't NU finish around the mid 40's in FPI last season?

Might have been 6 or so -- I'm certain it wasn't set at a losing record -- but I think you're right it wasn't as high as recent seasons. I'll have to dig for that.

47 was the final FPI.

8.5, according to this link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...llege-football-win-totals-for-every-fbs-team/

The first three links on Google (as far as I looked) all show Nebraska with an O/U of 8.5 on win total for the 2019 season. Yikes. I was thinking Vegas wasn't that bold.

Might have been 6 or so -- I'm certain it wasn't set at a losing record -- but I think you're right it wasn't as high as recent seasons. I'll have to dig for that.

47 was the final FPI.

I believe it was 5.5 for 2018 too. This is all coming from recall so I could be off one way or the other.

I don't think a 12 point difference outside of the FPI top 25 or so is that big of a difference, but for sure there were games that should have been won that weren't.

I don't know. That's all I could find with first look. Maybe there's a tread buried in this forum (I'm sure there is).
There probably is. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I don't think anyone would argue that Nebraska underperformed last year.

Final 2020 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2021 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2022 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2023 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2024 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2025 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2026 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2027 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".

etc, etc, etc.

Yet still alive ...... sold out streak continued at least 2027.

Chicago Cubs=Nebraska Huskers

Final 2020 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2021 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2022 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2023 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2024 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2025 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2026 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".
Final 2027 polls, #NR. Oh well, "next year".

etc, etc, etc.

Yet still alive ...... sold out streak continued at least 2027.

Chicago Cubs=Nebraska Huskers
It was a long time between 1971 & 1993. But it doesn't bother me much because I'm a fan of Husker football, win or lose.

I do find it funny how some boldly say 'prove it' or 'don't fool me again' etc. etc. Prove it or what? Don't fool me again or what? Are you going to follow another team? File charges? Jump off a bridge? Just roll with it or ignore it & we'll see what the season brings. We're undefeated! Let's see how long it lasts!

If the oline continues to gel as they did finishing the season (why should they as everyone is back) and Adrian resembles more his first year than second, I would think we're in all those games and maybe win a few (outside OSU). Depth should be better and WR room should be better, it's not an astronpmical leap this team needs to make to get to 7-8 wins.
It’s not astronomical at all. They’ve been close. Just have to show they can and will take the next step forward. So far, it hasn’t happened. I think most expect this team to make some sort of a jump.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back