• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How on earth, is Nebraska

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
#22 is this rating, or any other? Mind boggling. Not saying they can’t be, hoping they will be, but what has NU done to even warrant an eyebrow raise lately? Anyone have anything to add?

I didn’t personally see anything out of them last year to even warrant this type of jump. Frost gets a lot of respect for the record he currently has. I think most of us expect this team to make a jump at some point, but preseason #22 is a bit much at this point. Maybe if they are 3-0 and look good doing so you could make a case for #22, but not now, heavens no.

#22 is this rating, or any other? Mind boggling. Not saying they can’t be, hoping they will be, but what has NU done to even warrant an eyebrow raise lately? Anyone have anything to add?
If we end the season at #22, I’ll get a Frost tattoo. Idk how anyone could rank us after the last 3 years plus this years schedule. Hope it happens though

Couldn't agree more. Is ESPN NOT looking at the back half of our schedule?

Perhaps they know something we don’t know.
Maybe they simply feel that NU cant keep up this poor level of performance too much longer. They have to make the jump at some point. Why not 2020.

but with our schedule, 22 is a pretty aggressive ranking.

If we can get by Cincy we may get up as high as 22 at some point in the season. There is even a chance we could be 7-0. Notice I said chance not a guarantee. The first 7 are winnable games. The last 5 are something else.

It's a preseason poll. Somewhat analytically driven.

Here was their FPI for last season, released in mid-February: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ama-crimson-tide-again-fpi-preseason-rankings

It is pretty much all analytically driven. I personally have never been much about analytics, but I am starting to come around to it as a bigger tool than I ever gave it credit for.

That has nothing to with ESPN's analytics having NU at 22 or that other one having NU at 25. NU returns a ton on offense. That is really what is driving this.

If we can get by Cincy we may get up as high as 22 at some point in the season. There is even a chance we could be 7-0. Notice I said chance not a guarantee. The first 7 are winnable games. The last 5 are something else.
7-5 Would certainly be an improvement, but I want to see them win a big game. Then I will begin to believe they have something going. I think the team will get there eventually. But it looks like it will be an incremental journey.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back