• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

How much will spring practice help?

Kwajsker

Scout Team
Spring ball is always good and I think the greatest benefactors will be OL gelling, figuring out who are going to play at WR, and who will be our Runningbacks.

Defense returns basically everyone, so they will get to do a ton of plugging a transfer/recruit/younger guy in with the rest and seeing how they hold up. They get to tweak. They get to experiment and see if they are a little bit better putting Reimer on the outside or keeping him inside. They get to make those final gains.

Offense needs to know, with very little doubt, who they are going to roll with and then they need those guys to feel really comfortable with what will be asked of them. That is what I hope. Offense, figure out your personnel. Then start planning a season around what they can do well.

NorthwoodHusker

Junior Varsity
Remember all the wr injuries?
Qbs and wrs need to figure out timing,comebacks,can they dig it off the turf, like the Westy and TA thing.

Theyll need that

Husker In Oklahoma

All Big 10
15 Year Member
Maybe I'm getting desperate to find something positive to keep my hopes up, but I think spring practice (assuming we have one) will be what the Huskers need to make meaningful improvements that will show up next fall. To me, it will give us a chance to really concentrate on things like:
  • Offensive timing
  • blocking
  • mental mistakes
  • special teams
  • Creating turnovers
  • Immersing players from the 2019 and 2020 classes in the Husker playbook, culture, etc.
Put another way, I think not having spring practice last year may have hurt us more than we know.

Thoughts?
All I can say is, everyone had to deal with the same thing. For some, maybe an advantage, for others, probably a killer.