• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How much to pay out frosts contract?

I don’t believe that anymore simply because Nebraska was never willing to pay the big money before Frost. If Nebraska does part with Frost in the next few years then we’ll see who’s willing to come here for $5-$7 million a season. The thing is are we the fan base willing to part with the “Nebraska Way” for good?
The Nebraska way is gone. Has been for a while. We need to find our Stoops to change our attitude and identity. Winning needs to be the Nebraska way.

This is how I fill. I also know we can’t keep firing coaches but if the coach isn’t doing or trying to do things to make this team better then you have no choice. I would hope it doesn’t come down to the ad telling him he needs to make some hard choices about his assistance. I would hope he is already thinking about it and figuring out what he needs to improve said assistance. Recruiting is going to get harder at this rate.
We haven’t recruited at a high level for some years now. Was hoping Frost could change that.

Top to bottom, I would argue Nebraska does have better talent than Illinois, NW, Minn, except at QB. The problem is that talent doesn’t get to see the field, and when talent is on the field, the scheme does not present them with opportunities. This offense has gotten worse every game since Colorado 2018, barring the Minn game that year, and last year’s Illinois game where neither team suited up a defense.
That’s not what it looks like on the field. Illinois whooped both lines today. NW whooped our o line. Purdue had the best wr talent on the field last year and will again this year. I’m not saying we don’t have talent. But we aren’t more talented than anyone else in the big ten.

I don’t know, whatever Frost took over we keep losing to inferior recruits (Minnesota, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois). Weren’t we 15 point favorites today?
We are 4-12 against the spread in the last 16 games. This has been reported to be the worst in the FBS. So we clearly don’t play up to what Vegas thinks we can do. I disagree that we are more talented than these teams despite your earlier suggestion that any kid would come here vs these other teams if offered. Those days are long gone.

We haven’t recruited at a high level for some years now. Was hoping Frost could change that.
We are recruiting at a higher level than Illinois and have been doing so forever. Frost can’t even beat them doing that. So I don’t see how recruiting better is going to help in beating teams like Illinois

We are 4-12 against the spread in the last 16 games. This has been reported to be the worst in the FBS. So we clearly don’t play up to what Vegas thinks we can do. I disagree that we are more talented than these teams despite your earlier suggestion that any kid would come here vs these other teams if offered. Those days are long gone.
Well on paper we are recruiting higher players than Illinois.

That’s not what it looks like on the field. Illinois whooped both lines today. NW whooped our o line. Purdue had the best wr talent on the field last year and will again this year. I’m not saying we don’t have talent. But we aren’t more talented than anyone else in the big ten.
Hard to say we aren’t when those schools are doing more with less and frost is doing less with more.

We don’t lose kids to those teams, we win those recruiting battles. So it comes down to who we are choosing or how we are developing. We could have 90% of the recruits on those teams if we offer and recruit them.

Last edited:
We don’t lose kids to those teams, we win those recruiting battles. So it comes down to who we are choosing or how we are developing. We could have 90% of the recruits on those teams if we offer and recruit them.
Anyone that attempts to justify this debacle is either living on fantasy island or not watching what I watched yesterday. Trying to find positives from yesterdays game is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd! We are in fact regressing when we get thumped at home by a team like Illinois.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back