• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How much to pay out frosts contract?

THIS. IMO more and more of the young guys need to start truly getting worked into the game plan on offense to get ready for next year. We are wasting crucial, real game development by continuing to trot out guys like Warner and Falck. Gotta get the ball in the hands of players like Betts, Fleming, and Brown. Somehow, someway.
I will never feel good about 1-3 or wherever this record is headed but doing it with upper classmen that have no current impact and obviously no future impact adds to the depression.

I will never feel good about 1-3 or wherever this record is headed but doing it with upper classmen that have no current impact and obviously no future impact adds to the depression.
Right?! And especially after watching Betts take a simple touch pass to the house the week prior. I still have belief, for some reason, that Frost will figure things out. I think the offense finding some mojo would also go a long way with helping the defense play better, in that they won’t be under so much constant pressure. This is poised to be a huge week, yet again, to figure things out.

This is easy for me to say but if I'm Frost....

I talk to McCaffrey and tell him his best shot at a football career is NOT at QB. He and his dad probably know this. From there acknowledge that LM is one of the true gamers on the team and make him an integral part of the offense.

Go back to Martinez for the rest of this year. Yes, i thought LM was their best chance to get wins but I was wrong.

This is essentially a throw away year at this point. Smothers is on campus...get him really dialed in on a small package of plays and get him a couple series a game and see what he can do with some live action.

He has to know next year year is winning record/bowl game or bust. Might as well set the stage now.
Agree with most of this, but if Smothers has any ability to throw the ball, I’m giving him the reigns now. No point wasting reps and experience on 2AM. Luke is our best player, but not as a QB and 2AM is what he is (at least in this system)

I’ve got answers for you from the season as a whole but we just lost to Illinois and are 1-3. I don’t know if I can get there right now.
I follow a guy on Twitter who drinks and tweet streams historical military battles. You could just do a version of that here, or in PMs so you don’t have to filter it. :Lol:

Agree with most of this, but if Smothers has any ability to throw the ball, I’m giving him the reigns now. No point wasting reps and experience on 2AM. Luke is our best player, but not as a QB and 2AM is what he is (at least in this system)
He didn't get Spring ball and probably hasn't been getting a ton of reps. Unless he's just other worldly, turning the whole offense over to him is probably asking a bit much. I'd rether have him really comfortable with a small set of plays than iffy on a whole offense.

the reality is nu will have to get an up and comer from a western michigan type program ala Fleck. Those guys would take the job. Or a bama oc/dc. Couldn't possibly be worse than Frost.
Maybe we could get the Ohio coach or whoever that guy was who turned around UCF a few years ago. Heh.

Yeah. But what Riley took over is a lot better than what Frost took over. I am saying this with a bit of trepidation as today there is some excuse. No Mills. True fr RB, fFr QB. I am with you but it IS getting tough to defend. If (mighty big if!) we beat Iowa then we can then say they were looking ahead to Iowa. Still no excuse. Not as bad as Okie St and Texas Tech under Callahan. But not far off.

Where do we go from here? Martinez as QB?
I don’t know, I kind of liked Ozigbo, Morgan, Lindsey, Bradley, Barry, Spielman, Gifford, Domann, Gebbia, Roberts, Lamar Jackson, Bootle, Wilbon, Dismuke, Reed, Stoltenberg, Kalu, Stille, Foster, Gates, Stolle, the Davis brothers, Freedom ... but yeah, otherwise, Riley recruited chess players.

I will say this about Frost.....he wants it worse than us fans do.....and he has a plan....not sure if his loyalty to his asst's will be the death of him or not...and he knows if it doesn't work out here, he would be lucky to get a coaching job at Chadron State if he was fired/contract up.
I’ve seen many posts about him being loyal to his staff but for gods sake‘s this is the guy calling the plays. Many are wanting to blame assistants and quite honestly I think they aren’t up to big 10 caliber but the head coach is not holding up his end of the deal either.

I’ve got answers for you from the season as a whole but we just lost to Illinois and are 1-3. I don’t know if I can get there right now.
I’m as frustrated as the next guy, but watching the post game presser with Frost makes me feel better for some reason. Mostly because he wants it as bad if not worse than the rest of us. Having said that, today was a complete and total cluster F. The offense is mind boggling, I know we’re young but my goodness, our best play right now is a McCaffrey prayer where he runs for a first down. Idk if we need better coaching or players, but LM does need to see the field.
I’d love to hear your unfiltered opinion on what the major issues are with the program currently. PM me if you prefer.
Last thing, does Luke just not have the arm strength we need for some of this? I thought he short armed a few today including the interception to Falck. I think that’s a pass/td that AM makes.
I’m not proofreading as I’m on my phone so all of this hopefully makes sense.

Probably want to give it 20 years for a full cleanse. We’re still fighting Pederson/Callahan ghosts in the equipment room. Really holding us back. 2040 will be epic!!
You are right pal I just got my 2040 season tickets in the mail going to be a great schedule in the big sky conference

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back