• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Minnesota Will Beat Us.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
We are all fans with differing opinions and that is why this board is so much fun. There were several posters who claimed this game could get ugly and there were several more that accurately predicted that Minnesota would exert their will over us in the run game. My guess is they are as big of fans as you, but they saw something that in the case played out just like they thought it would. No big deal in the scheme of things but at the time you resorted to questioning their football IQ, under estimating an opponent based on comparative analysis, ignoring our performances, and even better today you call one a Minnie fan. If I have learned one thing since 2001, I no longer under estimate the Minnesotas, Purdues, Illlinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Troy, Northwesterns, and for that matter any opponent. We just haven't been much better than average and I'm not sure we are even that right now.
Well to defend the Thomster, the user he called a Minnie fan, well...

Including the one who says he won a lot of money betting against Nebraska. That is not a fan.
I'm not a gambler but I like free money! Obviously if he was that confident we would struggle against Minnesota, he was right and if true made some money off it. I'm in a pool in which we pick games each week against the spread and if Nebraska is one of the games, I have been known to pick for them and against them. I cringe when it happens but I know it doesn't make me less of a fan. It might seem a bit dirty to you but I wouldn't tell a guy I don't know he isn't a true fan because of what he did. Hey, it is what it is but at the end of the day you mocked plenty of people prior to the game, you were wrong, they were right, and why not stop digging?

Take a couple of days off.
Simpletons. Nice.
Yeah, I'll let my former USAF, 3 college degree, Senior Vice President of a major financial firm father know he's a simpleton. :rolleyes:
You had to be there to appreciate it.
Yet you did and proceeded to stereotype half of America :O O:

I apologize for resurrecting an old post from last weekend, but I should have responded to a few things and clarified. I was in Minneapolis for the frozen debacle and have just now thawed out my brain :Biggrin:
1) to RSR I did not mean to imply that all supporters of Trump were 'simpletons' just the people I witnessed on the train. There were some serious morons yelling things that the most staunch conservatives would have balked at, that was all I meant. AND there were some serious idiots trying to provoke them by yelling other slanderous comments. So yes, the 'Simpletons' were in full effect. I think most people can rise above that type of behavior.

I apologize for resurrecting an old post from last weekend, but I should have responded to a few things and clarified. I was in Minneapolis for the frozen debacle and have just now thawed out my brain :Biggrin:
1) to RSR I did not mean to imply that all supporters of Trump were 'simpletons' just the people I witnessed on the train. There were some serious morons yelling things that the most staunch conservatives would have balked at, that was all I meant. AND there were some serious idiots trying to provoke them by yelling other slanderous comments. So yes, the 'Simpletons' were in full effect. I think most people can rise above that type of behavior.
No worries man. We are cool! There are a holes in all walks of life and all backgrounds.

Including the one who says he won a lot of money betting against Nebraska. That is not a fan.
If you are speaking of me...I'm as much of a fan as anyone. I also try to play smart with my money that I use to bet each year. I bet with my head and cheer for the team with my heart. I cheer for them even when I bet they will not cover.

The huskers were a 10 to 1 bet to win the west this year. With the hype and all it was a easy bet for many to take.

If you dont consider me or anyone that bets a fan then that is a you problem not a me problem

If you are speaking of me...I'm as much of a fan as anyone. I also try to play smart with my money that I use to bet each year. I bet with my head and cheer for the team with my heart. I cheer for them even when I bet they will not cover.

The huskers were a 10 to 1 bet to win the west this year. With the hype and all it was a easy bet for many to take.

If you dont consider me or anyone that bets a fan then that is a you problem not a me problem
nope

I have no problem with someone betting against the Huskers. The point of betting is to make money.

I have no problem with someone betting against the Huskers. The point of betting is to make money.
I agree that is the point. However i do not agree that betting against your team is fan like behavior. There are 60 other games you can bet on to make money. Further coming on to the fan site that you profess to cheer for then gloat about winning money by betting against said team. Is surely not fan like behavior.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back