• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Minnesota Will Beat Us.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
Take a couple of days off.
I wasn’t commenting, but was enjoying this thread this morning while watching the DVR’ed game I missed yesterday. You can’t assume everyone knows every rule on here. That is honestly the first I’ve heard of it. However, it is an excellent rule. In
My opinion, Red Storm Rising was polite during the entire thread. And when Red Rein told them to quit talking politics, he instantly did.

I don’t think it necessarily came from you but there was some real questioning of people‘s intelligence and football IQ based on their opinion that we might get schooled last night. You can love this team with all your heart but still recognize a crappy product on the field. There wasn’t much evidence from past performances that this team had the ability to slow down a physical run game. Minnesota looked like they found that a week earlier and they did nothing but reaffirm to me that they have the ability to play smash you in the face football better than we do.
Minnesota followed OSU's gameplan with their run game. They were able to match OL against Taylor-Britt, Domann, and Colin Miller. Those are scheme issues. Minnesota didn't have the wide receivers that OSU had and couldn't exploit our penchant to play base personnel groups against heavy or fast groups. So they keyed on using their heavies. I'm starting to think Bob Diaco never left, because its largely the same issues. Consistently we hire smooth talking coordinators that don't play the grand strategy games. All Chinandler's napkin Xs & Os talk won't fix stupid.

In spite of my score prediction when I almost always pick the huskers deep down I expected the same.
When you looked at how we played each and every game—winning some close ones, despite horrific line play, penalties, turnovers—-this game was going to happen. Any team playing sound football was going to take full advantage of our soft play, soft tackling, soft mentality.

Iowa and Wisconsin will do the same.

Man... this thread is a crow eating contest... 72 ounces at Big Tex's... glad I didn't participate...

I truly believed we had a real chance... As William J. Casey once said... "I believed"

@RedStormRising & @Pops owed props... @Huskerthom @36Blast @NUinID @HUSKER HOT SAUCE are just some of the feasters... I apologize if I got some posts wrong... I had trouble keeping track as I was looking through last night.
YUP! I got me a great big ole helping of some nasty crow. On a brighter almost lava like note, my son bought me a bottle of this.... and it's so FREAKING HOT, that it will kill all my taste buds, burn my tongue and gut and hind end, that I wont even know it was crow. Last night TEXASING SUCKED!

Man... this thread is a crow eating contest... 72 ounces at Big Tex's... glad I didn't participate...

I truly believed we had a real chance... As William J. Casey once said... "I believed"

@RedStormRising & @Pops owed props... @Huskerthom @36Blast @NUinID @HUSKER HOT SAUCE are just some of the feasters... I apologize if I got some posts wrong... I had trouble keeping track as I was looking through last night.
I will never apologize for being a fan of the team this board is about. even if I am wrong. So no crow going down my gullet. I am a fan and I will never apologize for supporting that team. Nice try though,

Ok, I will eat crow. I am more disappointed in how Nebraska didn't show up to play than anything. Minnesota was ready to play and Nebraska wasn't. They took it to Nebraska and they deserve the win. I said Minnesota was a decent team that had earned their 5-0 record. I never said this was a slam dunk win for Nebraska. Your are never going to get me to say that Nebraska or any other team never has a chance in a game. There is always a chance.

Sorry I just can't watch a game and be all doom and gloom about it.

I will never apologize for being a fan of the team this board is about. even if I am wrong. So no crow going down my gullet. I am a fan and I will never apologize for supporting that team. Nice try though,
We are all fans with differing opinions and that is why this board is so much fun. There were several posters who claimed this game could get ugly and there were several more that accurately predicted that Minnesota would exert their will over us in the run game. My guess is they are as big of fans as you, but they saw something that in the case played out just like they thought it would. No big deal in the scheme of things but at the time you resorted to questioning their football IQ, under estimating an opponent based on comparative analysis, ignoring our performances, and even better today you call one a Minnie fan. If I have learned one thing since 2001, I no longer under estimate the Minnesotas, Purdues, Illlinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Troy, Northwesterns, and for that matter any opponent. We just haven't been much better than average and I'm not sure we are even that right now.

We are all fans with differing opinions and that is why this board is so much fun. There were several posters who claimed this game could get ugly and there were several more that accurately predicted that Minnesota would exert their will over us in the run game. My guess is they are as big of fans as you, but they saw something that in the case played out just like they thought it would. No big deal in the scheme of things but at the time you resorted to questioning their football IQ, under estimating an opponent based on comparative analysis, ignoring our performances, and even better today you call one a Minnie fan. If I have learned one thing since 2001, I no longer under estimate the Minnesotas, Purdues, Illlinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Troy, Northwesterns, and for that matter any opponent. We just haven't been much better than average and I'm not sure we are even that right now.
Including the one who says he won a lot of money betting against Nebraska. That is not a fan.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back