• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Minnesota Will Beat Us.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
Yep. Time to either keep blaming Riley or start holding Frost accountable. Or live in the great vast grey area of huskerdom and all just go into cryohypersleep and wake up to 7 years of Frosts great wonderful recruiting and culture and development. So many options.
This is not really on Frost imo. We have the right coach. I said when he got hired that I would give him 5 years to make us conference championship contenders, and I'll stick to that. Some staff decisions might need to be made at the end of the season though.

Were you at the Trump rally?
Noooo
Not to digress into politics but I can say my stereotype of Trump supporters was reinforced on that train ride. Simpletons arguing with younger kids. Geez it was bad.

The next poster that puts politics in the football forum will get some time off. Both of you know better. One and only warning.

Man... this thread is a crow eating contest... 72 ounces at Big Tex's... glad I didn't participate...

I truly believed we had a real chance... As William J. Casey once said... "I believed"

@RedStormRising & @Pops owed props... @Huskerthom @36Blast @NUinID @HUSKER HOT SAUCE are just some of the feasters... I apologize if I got some posts wrong... I had trouble keeping track as I was looking through last night.

Last edited:
I know better than to think this defense has any real chance of shutting down the run game of any B1G opponent. You look at the conditions and you assume the team that runs the ball best is going to win. You look at their line and you should assume they can have success against our front 7. You look at us trying to run a 5'8 180 pound back inside against physical B1G teams and you figure we are going to struggle. Thank God they didn't hit us with their strength.

Man... this thread is a crow eating contest... 72 ounces at Big Tex's... glad I didn't participate...

I truly believed we had a real chance... As William J. Casey once said... "I believed"

@RedStormRising & @Pops owed props... @Huskerthom @36Blast @NUinID @HUSKER HOT SAUCE are just some of the feasters... I apologize if I got some posts wrong... I had trouble keeping track as I was looking through last night.
Yep. I thought we would play with heart tonight and keep things close. We still have a loser mentality that needs to be purged from this team.

As for eating crow, take a look at the score prediction contest. There were more than a handful of people who are eating crow this morning. At least the people you mentioned contributed to this particular thread. Hope you found satisfaction in your last post. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yep. I thought we would play with heart tonight and keep things close. We still have a loser mentality that needs to be purged from this team.

As for eating crow, take a look at the score prediction contest. There were more than a handful of people who are eating crow this morning. At least the people you mentioned contributed to this particular thread. Hope your found satisfaction in your last post. :thumbsup:
I don’t think it necessarily came from you but there was some real questioning of people‘s intelligence and football IQ based on their opinion that we might get schooled last night. You can love this team with all your heart but still recognize a crappy product on the field. There wasn’t much evidence from past performances that this team had the ability to slow down a physical run game. Minnesota looked like they found that a week earlier and they did nothing but reaffirm to me that they have the ability to play smash you in the face football better than we do.

I don’t think it necessarily came from you but there was some real questioning of people‘s intelligence and football IQ based on their opinion that we might get schooled last night. You can love this team with all your heart but still recognize a crappy product on the field. There wasn’t much evidence from past performances that this team had the ability to slow down a physical run game. Minnesota looked like they found that a week earlier and they did nothing but reaffirm to me that they have the ability to play smash you in the face football better than we do.
Agreed for the most part, but I think there was reason to be skeptical as Minny suddenly "found" their run game against a crappy Illinois team, so I think trepidation amongst the skeptics - including me - was warranted.

It is clear how much better they are than us in the trenches. Just didnt think the difference would be as dramatic as what we saw and besides a couple of true contrarians, few thought the disparity would be as great - including some of the most respected folks on this board.

Agreed for the most part, but I think there was reason to be skeptical as Minny suddenly "found" their run game against a crappy Illinois team, so I think trepidation amongst the skeptics - including me - was warranted.

It is clear how much better they are than us in the trenches. Just didnt think the difference would be as dramatic as what we saw and besides a couple of true contrarians, few thought the disparity would be as great - including some of the most respected folks on this board.
I agree but there was one poster in particular that was in near meltdown mode at the mere thought that this game could turn ugly or that Minnesota would be able effectively run the ball on us. He then questioned the football IQ of a couple posters during his rant. While many have said they see improvement in our run defense I have been consistent in stating that it’s more about the competition than improvement. We have not looked good against any team with a pulse on offense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back