• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Minnesota Will Beat Us.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
I'm not trying to sway anyone, except for maybe myself because this is my bi-annual travel game with my partner. Our first was when we had been dating for about 1 year and we've made it a tradition since 2013. We've also attended every home game with Minnesota since. I even proposed to her at halftime of the Minnesota game last year, so yeah, we're invested for personal reasons.

So, I'm always looking for a silver lining because winning the game would make for an even greater trip, though we have fun no matter what. We got whooped bad the last time we went up there by a very mediocre Minny team. The people next to us who I purchased tickets from were very polite and sympathetic as their team poured it on. They said "wow, we didn't think you'd be as bad as we are". Their fans are simply the best, hands down. We tried to find their tailgate afterwards but couldn't and ended up at another on our walk back. Those Minny fans were so accommodating, they gave us beer and we bs'd with them and watched football on their TV. One guy dressed in overalls even offered me a chew, which I accepted with appreciation (don't judge). Talk about a friendly group of fans. They are the best and I'll always return for that reason alone.

That said, I hope we beat Minny down hard core and take no prisoners, but no matter the outcome, we will be the opposing fans looking to socialize with their fans and show that we are just as kind and friendly as they have been to us over the years. Most things are bigger than any game, despite our fandom. GBR!!

My man..

I sit in first row, section 109 (behind visitors bench). If you are there, swing on down and holler for me (FORMO). I can't promise I'll buy you anything, but defo willing to chop it up a bit before/during/after the game.

oh-crap.gif

Last edited:

My man..

I sit in first row, section 109 (behind visitors bench). If you are there, swing on down and holler for me (FORMO). I can't promise I'll buy you anything, but defo willing to chop it up a bit before/during/after the game.
I'm definitely gonna get to a game there someday. From everything I've heard from Husker fans, it's a great stadium and the Minnesota fans are the best road fans in our division to tailgate with. Props to you guys for that!

My man..

I can't make it to the game on Saturday, but there's no question that @Formo has overtaken my sketchy friend from Plymouth, MN, as my favorite Gophers fan. If I ever get to meet you, I'll gladly buy you a (reasonably priced) beverage of your choice.

If anyone is interested, I started out responding to this thread before realizing that I'd be better off starting a new one, so here it is....

I'm definitely gonna get to a game there someday. From everything I've heard from Husker fans, it's a great stadium and the Minnesota fans are the best road fans in our division to tailgate with. Props to you guys for that!
Their fans are the best, hands down. We went out last night and I was dressed in my Husker gear. One bouncer who was a Minny fan just shot the crap with me. No one else even said a thing, and we're staying in campus at the Graduate. Very cool folks. Now, we take the train from the airport to campus last night after the Trump rally and there were some ignorant B's yelling back and forth our entire way, but I think that could be anywhere :) it's pretty obvious the average IQ increased immediately after we stepped foot on that train, haha

Their fans are the best, hands down. We went out last night and I was dressed in my Husker gear. One bouncer who was a Minny fan just shot the crap with me. No one else even said a thing, and we're staying in campus at the Graduate. Very cool folks. Now, we take the train from the airport to campus last night after the Trump rally and there were some ignorant B's yelling back and forth our entire way, but I think that could be anywhere :) it's pretty obvious the average IQ increased immediately after we stepped foot on that train, haha
Were you at the Trump rally?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back