• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Minnesota Will Beat Us.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

They will have to, because it won't be our offense that wins it, persay.
Not so fast my friend. I believe that AM has been hindered by an injury, and he is definitely now injured for certain. I do think that Noah Vedral is more than capable of coming in and leading the Huskers to victory on the road. Minnesota's D isn't really all that special and they too, haven't really been lighting other D's up with monster stats and points.

If we aren't blown out by halftime, we won't be, and if we don't come out completely flat in the third(UGH), we win this game. Think 5 - 2 when you wake up Sunday morning with a splitting headache/hangover. Huskers WIN!

I didn't like this game before the season and I like it less right now. I don't think Minnesota is three scores better than Nebraska, but I also didn't think NU would piss away a 17 point lead to Colorado.

Don't know who's playing quarterback, not sure if it's going to snow, yeah. I got no idea.

I'm with you on your prediction. I didn't like the matchup with Minny before the seasons started, and the way our offense has played, and now without our QB leader, it could get pretty rough early.
IF we can protect the ball, Noah manages the game well, we get some semblance of a consistent running game, and our Defense shows up, I see a good chance to pull this one off.

That is a lot of if's though. Minny has a very potent set of receivers so our DB's will need to play like we know they can. Our LB's haven't really been tested by TE's consistently either, so that could factor in. Like someone else said, the weather being questionable could benefit us if we get a running game going. Maybe Vedral will run some sick zone read and open up the offense like we haven't seen this year compared to last? It could happen.

The weather is going to be a factor. I think we have to pass to win games because we are not good enough to beat anyone in the BIG on the ground. So if we CAN'T pass, it could be a long night.

I agree with you in general on this, but I also have wondered since AM went down if having Vedral at the helm could have a positive impact on the offense in this game. Minny won't know exactly what to prepare for, as Vedral could have different tendencies and strengths we could use to exploit. Just a thought. I'll be there, and if we start getting blown out it will be a long, cold, day. GBR!

Another thing on NU's side is that Minnesota hasn't played anyone of substance. I was telling people last week they'd see a different Iowa team than they had because they really hasn't been tested. All the praise for Stanley and their consistency on offense and pride of the o-line and they got exposed big time. They were completely lost against Michigan's D. I believe in our defense, despite the score against OSU. I think they will win this game for us.

Another thing on NU's side is that Minnesota hasn't played anyone of substance. I was telling people last week they'd see a different Iowa team than they had because they really hasn't been tested. All the praise for Stanley and their consistency on offense and pride of the o-line and they got exposed big time. They were completely lost against Michigan's D. I believe in our defense, despite the score against OSU. I think they will win this game for us.
I'm not following, are you talking Iowa or Minnesota?

It's not so much that they're undefeated, but that they've found ways to win every game. We haven't. I think they're mentally tougher than us right now, and being at home in a night game, with rough weather is going to make it that much more challenging for us. I'm not sure a single aspect of our team has the edge on them. Possibly overall defense, but not by much. They have better line play, better running backs, better receiving corp, and maybe not a better qb talent wise, but much more consistent right now than ours. They're kicking game is much, much better as well, no surprise there.
Yet nationaly their offense is rated 73rd while we're 69th. Consider they haven't played ANY team even close to OSU. They certainly don't have an imposing offense according to their stats. Their defense is very similar in stats to NW (28th) while MN is ranked (30th). This game could well come down to turnovers and penalties. I believe we have a solid shot at winning if we play sound fundamental football. Assuming Vedral is starting we'll once again have a QB that will run if he sees an open lane as opposed to what AM's been doing this season. That's not a knock on AM simply what I've observed in our first 6 games this season.

Weather not with standing this should be a good close game which Nebraska has the opportunity win playing good football.

Last edited:
They will have to, because it won't be our offense that wins it, persay.
interesting that you think that. Since we are the number 47 ranked Offense and Minny is # 83
Now they are the number 40 D and we are 77, However our numbers are skewed playing against The #2 defense and #8 offense in the NCAA. (OSU). The best offense they have played is #66 Purdue. The best Defense is #50 Fresno State.
So they have found a way to win against absolutely nobody.

interesting that you think that. Since we are the number 47 ranked Offense and Minny is # 83
Now they are the number 40 D and we are 77, However our numbers are skewed playing against The #2 defense and #8 offense in the NCAA. (OSU). The best offense they have played is #66 Purdue. The best Defense is #50 Fresno State.
We shall see. Hope you're right and I'm wrong.

and huskers have found a way to win against nobody So the 2 team have that in common

Also there is less than 1/2 yard difference in yards per play. Yes NU has run more plays but MN is the old ground and pound type off,

Should be a good game and let’s hope the Huskers are ready

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back