• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How many quarters can our defense hang with OU?

I think our best chance to hang in there with OU is to have very good red zone defense. I don’t think we can consistently stop them while they have a bunch of space to work with. They also haven’t allowed a sack in 10 quarters. So holding them to FGs whenever we can will be critical.

But who knows, CFB is such a funny game, maybe we come out and stuff them for 4 quarters. Hope so.

It will be interesting to see our defensive matchup against OU. Nobody is expecting them to stop OU but hopefully keep it reasonable. I suspect they can hold on as long as the offense does. It seems too often than not that our defensive breakdowns come approximately a full quarter after the offense breaks down.
I think it will be a tight game till kickoff,after that,all bets are off.Keep the faith.GBR.

All things being equal, Blackshirts should be able to hang with OU (& anyone else on the schedule for that matter). Instead I think it comes down to what position our Offense & Special Teams puts our Defense in. If OU consistently has a short field due to multiple 3 & outs, penalties , sacks, turnovers or crappy punt/kicks or coverage, our Defense will have no chance. If Offense & Special Teams play well, we certainly have a puncher’s chance……& I’d love to see OU get punched!! GBR!!

It will be interesting to see our defensive matchup against OU. Nobody is expecting them to stop OU but hopefully keep it reasonable. I suspect they can hold on as long as the offense does. It seems too often than not that our defensive breakdowns come approximately a full quarter after the offense breaks down.
Our offense needs to give our defense a chance. Move the ball for 1st downs. Flip the field. No turnovers. Score tds instead of missed fgs.

Go
Huskers!
Five of my Verdigre Bohemian buddies and I will be there!

I’m sure many are tending to think of OU at its best and Huskers at their worst. If we play like we played last week, we will be in the game. Will definitely need to finish drives with points.

One thing is certain, no one is giving us a chance in this game. So hopefully the coaches & players can play loose, let it rip, pull out all the stops, and have no fear of failure. What do they have to lose?

If there was ever a game where our guys could play with reckless abandon, it's this one. All of the pressure is on OU.......

One thing is certain, no one is giving us a chance in this game. So hopefully the coaches & players can play loose, let it rip, pull out all the stops, and have no fear of failure. What do they have to lose?
All depends on the first couple of drives. We make mistakes early and get down we won’t come back. If a few breaks fall our way early then I agree OU will start feeling some heat. Not sure how we will respond - haven’t really given a top team a game since 2018 @OSU.

All depends on the first couple of drives. We make mistakes early and get down we won’t come back. If a few breaks fall our way early then I agree OU will start feeling some heat. Not sure how we will respond - haven’t really given a top team a game since 2018 @OSU.

Yep.....if we give points away Saturday like we've been doing it will get ugly early.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back