• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How many other teams have NATIONAL AWARDS...

MR863HUSKER

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
named after their former players????... Just wondering...I know we have the Rimington and Johnny the Jet awards that are NATIONAL Awards...Am I missing any others ???...I'd say we have built a pretty darn good tradition .....GBR !!!!!!

Jim Thorpe, Maxwell, Walter Camp, Davey O'Brien, Lou Groza, Doak Walker, Biletnikoff, John Mackey, Ray Guy, Bednarik, Nagurski, Wuerffel, just to name a few.

C

Last edited:

named after their former players????... Just wondering...I know we have the Rimington and Johnny the Jet awards that are NATIONAL Awards...Am I missing any others ???...I'd say we have built a pretty darn good tradition .....GBR !!!!!!
Johnny and Dave started the awards named after them...WAIT FOR IT...themselves! Hopefully, they saw a good business opportunity and cashed in...it did help that they were deserving even though self-serving. Dave got his buddy/employer's foundation to help start it...IIRC, Johnny was probably on his own. I'm thinking of creating a GFOA National Fan of the year award, I'm expecting HMAX to offer to sponsor it any day now.

Johnny and Dave started the awards named after them...WAIT FOR IT...themselves! Hopefully, they saw a good business opportunity and cashed in...it did help that they were deserving even though self-serving. Dave got his buddy/employer's foundation to help start it...IIRC, Johnny was probably on his own. I'm thinking of creating a GFOA National Fan of the year award, I'm expecting HMAX to offer to sponsor it any day now.
What are the requirements to win the GFOA National Fan of the year award? What do I need to do to be considered? Who do I need to kiss up to? It would be an honor just to be on the Watch List.:)

Who gets the Wuerffel? The QB that gets sacked in his own end zone two plays in a row, or, Qb that leads his team to the worst bowl loss of the year?
I mean, he did win the Heisman and a national title the following year which makes the 96 Fiesta Bowl beatdown that much more impressive

Don't hold your breath on that one

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back