• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How long will Rhule stay at Nebraska?

Are you sure
Starts as HC at Temple, a low tier G5 school and gets an offer to a P5 school. Does well at the P5 school and gets an NFL job offer, which is his dream job. Then fails, lands another P5 job at a blue blood school. History prior to leaving for the NFL doesn't mean too much in my opinion if you look at other college coaches that failed in the NFL

He has expressed love for this place many times and he seems to be a man of his word. I hope that he is successful here, even if it does result in poaching attempts.

But 20 years? Not sure about that. The recruiting game takes a lot of energy; it’s a young man’s job. I don’t see how he can sustain that for 20 years. I think by then he’ll be a broadcaster. Hopefully notorious as the coach who made Nebraska great again.

Last edited:

There are plenty of schools that I would consider higher profile than Nebraska, offer more resources, and are in recruiting hotbeds. I would list some of those schools in no particular order; Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, and USC. If one of those schools offered Rhule, I would be very worried about him leaving.
Some of those schools would be a bad fit for Rhule. USC for one. That guy needs to be a character of a coach. Prime is a better fit there. Georgia is tje only one I see as a fit personality wise. Also Notre Dame I suppose.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back