• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How is Amy doing?

How is Amy doing?​

It remains to be seen how Amy's teams will progress, but so far this year seems to show progress. Obviously the ability to recruit talent will be key to future performance.

How is Amy Doing? Pretty Well I should Think!!!! ;)

Last edited:

Before this gets away from us and disappears down the memory hole, I thought this interview with Coach Williams, Kate Cain, & Issie Bourne following the win @ Northwestern does a good job of summing up the status of the WBB program, as well as the job Coach Amy Williams is doing.

Starting about 2:20:00, it's worth a listen!
Coatney/Greisch Game Broadcast

They all cited unselfish play, stepping-up, and the team playing for each other. Issie particularly spoke of their building a non-selfish culture and the importance of having confidence in themselves and each other. Kate said everyone needed to pick-up their rebounding with Bella being out of the game. When talking about the win, Kate said something like: "We were just kind of sick of Losing! .... We didn't want to Lose another game!" (2:32:20).

This has been a Great discussion everyone!!!! Kudos to all who joined in!!! :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap: Some misconceptions (or at least not as well-put as they could have been ;)) some corrections, restatements etc, resulting in an ultimate (more or less :Catfight:) meeting of the minds. :Lol:

Looking back at the thread, posts, and the OP, this topic seemed somehow very prescient! :nod:

For Example:
It remains to be seen how Amy's teams will progress, but so far this year seems to show progress. Obviously the ability to recruit talent will be key to future performance.
Shows you the state of the program when Amy took over. She wasn’t ready to sustain it. Perhaps she will grow into the job, she’s going to have every chance. The coaching effort this year is outstanding, given what she has to work with. Improve the recruiting and it could all turn out fine.

Here to cap it all off is this Excellent article I saw elsewhere by Derek Peterson of Hail Varsity on the status of the WBB program and prospects (how did you miss this Shadow (@Shadow of the Dome). Don't you know I depend on you to keep finding these hidden gems :Lol:)

Now let's hope we get an invitation to the WNIT tonight. :Cheer2::Shout::Cheer2::Shout::Cheer2:

Here are some excerpts from Derek's Article: (and well worth the full read)

This was perhaps Amy Williams’ best coaching job to date as the leader of this Nebraska program. She had teams that were 21-11 and 17-13, so from a record standpoint, there have been more successful seasons, but Williams deserves a tremendous amount of credit and recognition for the work she had to do this year.
Practice on the court looked different than it ever has. Nebraska went days at a time without enough healthy players to scrimmage five-on-five. This was once again a new team after surprise offseason departures and injuries. It’s hard to build cohesiveness in lineups when you’re constantly shuffling.

Consistency was nowhere to be found, not in her rotation, not in her practice availability. And yet Nebraska looked like one of the toughest teams in the league for a month stretch mid-year.
Williams built a roster on the fly with pieces that nicely complemented each other. She found hidden gems in Annika Stewart and Whitney Brown, took a chance on Mi’Cole Cayton when few others would and saw that pay off, pushed the right lineup buttons at the right time, and turned the keys to the car over to Sam Haiby and watched her just grow and grow and grow. On top of all that, she’s got one of the best recruiting classes in years joining the fold this offseason.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back